AtheisticNonduality

Insightful Bill Hicks Story

7 posts in this topic

I love Bill and especially this story of his. He is the highest consciousness comedian that I know of and on top of that a master of his craft and incredibly entertaining. He gets it, and this excerpt is the most prominent example of this.

"A choice, right now, between fear and love."

58 minutes ago, KingCrimson said:

I love Bill and especially this story of his. He is the highest consciousness comedian that I know of and on top of that a master of his craft and incredibly entertaining. He gets it, and this excerpt is the most prominent example of this.

"A choice, right now, between fear and love."

Yes, I also recall him being somewhat of a Terence McKenna fan.

I actually didn't know that! Do you happen to know where you picked that up?

I remember I was first introduced to Bill through the band Tool when I was like 15. They used one of his lines at the beginning of their track Third Eye off the AEnema album, but it wasn't until years later that I watched a show of his. At the time my English skills probably wouldn't have been good enough to comprehend what he was talking about, or at least I wouldn't have had the necessary life experience. It was a revelation when I finally watched him perform few years later though, and he has been a great inspiration to me ever since.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this! I hope a few people see this thread and are introduced to his work as a consequence. :)

On 6/11/2020 at 4:59 PM, KingCrimson said:

I actually didn't know that! Do you happen to know where you picked that up?

I remember I was first introduced to Bill through the band Tool when I was like 15. They used one of his lines at the beginning of their track Third Eye off the AEnema album, but it wasn't until years later that I watched a show of his. At the time my English skills probably wouldn't have been good enough to comprehend what he was talking about, or at least I wouldn't have had the necessary life experience. It was a revelation when I finally watched him perform few years later though, and he has been a great inspiration to me ever since.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this! I hope a few people see this thread and are introduced to his work as a consequence. :)