korbes

The groundwork of opening 3rd eye, kundalini etc.

5 posts in this topic

There are so many stories online, with people getting into the psych ward and experiencing super trippy stuff, when they've opened their 3rd eye or have had a kundalini awakening etc. It seems like these people who opens these things, are most of the time not really able to handle what comes with it. So this made me curious, because I believe it's a part of the path to experience this crazy, sometimes paranormal stuff. If someone can help me answer these questions, I'd be super grateful!

• Is it possible to awaken 3rd eye or kundalini and stay sane, in our society today?
  • What kind of work / "groundwork" does one have to do, in order to not freak out totally?
  • An open 3rd eye and or a kundalini awakening, is not the same as a "real" enlightenment, but is it enhancing the path to real enlightenment or is it completely unnecessary? What are the benefits of opening the 3rd eye and kundalini?
  • If the 3rd eye opens or the kundalini awakens, and you aren't able to handle it, what is the best thing to do?

Thanks!

@korbes opening your third eye and awakening your kundalini is not necessary for enlightenment but it can be a byproduct of awakening.when you question pressuositions and open yourself to universal energy, aspects of your life are changing. The ramifications are as radical as you are able to handle but that doesn't mean that it all comes like an avalanche on you. It can happen gradually over years and that is the more common phenomenon. As for staying sane, that's a different conversation about environmental factors. Depending on your cultural values, your family's expectations and your ability to handle it. And that is where groundwork comes to play. Communicating with others that have gone through it, having people around that are open minded, meditation and energy work are essential and i would recommend getting some time off everything that has to do with it, if it becomes overwhelming.you get the sense when searching online that those stuff are beyond our power but that's because most of the posts online are from those that have encountered some problem and search for help while those that are fine with their progress do not have to post something online.kundalini, or any energy work for that matter, is a natural part of human life but unexplored for the most part and that's what gives it this element of danger.i believe the most important part of this work is to try and find like-minded people, stay open to new ideas and take a step back if things go south. 

Yes, one of the good things about the non-duality teachings is that it doesn't force an awakening but instead prepares you for it to happen when the time is right and you are ready. Same thing with Buddhism, Sahaja Yoga, and other paths. There are people, even here on this forum who are self-realized and their kundalini has risen and is now resting in their crown chakra. However, the third eye can still be a bit inactive, and there is also a higher third eye chakra which is still inactive, so just because they are realized souls does not mean they have visions and things.

@korbes some additional practises that can help:hatha yoga, kriya yoga,psychodynamic psychotherapy for the challenging emotions, gestalt therapy that focuses on energy blockages, walks in nature, exercise and good nutrition. 

33 minutes ago, korbes said:
  • Is it possible to awaken 3rd eye or kundalini and stay sane, in our society today?
  •  

You will not like society, you will want solitude.

34 minutes ago, korbes said:
  • What kind of work / "groundwork" does one have to do, in order to not freak out totally?
  •  

You will freak out when you have a samadhi, the ego will create so much fear. It will take not one but a lot of times to actually be in that state without fear.

35 minutes ago, korbes said:
  • An open 3rd eye and or a kundalini awakening, is not the same as a "real" enlightenment, but is it enhancing the path to real enlightenment or is it completely unnecessary? What are the benefits of opening the 3rd eye and kundalini?
  •  

3rd eye opening gives you so much insight. Most of the people who are on this path just goes full balls to the wall 3rd eye and ignore other chakras. It helps you to awaken, but you will never awaken fully without all chakras being in balance.

I could write on and on what happens to your awareness what your 3rd eye opens up, but you can read about it everywhere.

38 minutes ago, korbes said:
  • If the 3rd eye opens or the kundalini awakens, and you aren't able to handle it, what is the best thing to do?

Do some form of potent meditation practice. Like Kriya yoga. When kundalini awakens the body can't handle such energy, so you might shake a lot. Best thing to do is to do more Kriya yoga.

I've read a book on Leo's book list on Kundalini and it writes that your body may be ready for level 3 kundalini, but the actual kundalini that awakens is level 7, 4 levels difference means that you will get some side effects, which means you must build your body through some kind of practice like Kriya yoga to handle level 7 kundalini. Numbers are for example purposes.

Mahadev