PetarKa

Stage Yellow Style - How To Get Rich Podcast - Naval Ravikant - 3.5 hours

5 posts in this topic

Until now I haven't seen someone talk about making wealth in such a non-dogmatic style. Very good, concentrated content. I suspect this guy is Stage Yellow. Do you agree?

I didn’t listen to the whole 3.5 hrs, yet from what I listened to, he seems mostly high level, healthy orange. I would say this is a good example of healthy Orange and I would love to see more of this in the U.S. For example, he values accountability and authenticity for CEO’s. He is pretty much saying, go ahead and make as much as you can, you deserve it - yet do it in a way that has integrity. Be honest, transparent, hold yourself to a high standard, take personal responsibility and enforce accountability for CEO misdeeds. I would consider this very healthy orange, it is the anti-thesis of toxic, corrupt orange. . . He may have had some Yellow sprinklings of integration and systems in there, yet imo he is centered in Orange. This is evident when he talks about how CEOs like Jeff Bezos deserves all the money he makes because he steers his company in the right direction 10% more often than others. This is a limited orange-level view. In determining whether Jeff Bezos *deserves* all the money he makes, a yellow-level person would not be limited to wether Bezos makes the “right decisions” in terms of company profit. A yellow level mind would see the bigger picture and be able to see and integrate things like how CEOs like Bezos are earning much of their money not just through “right decisions”, yet by also standing on the backs of others and taking advantage of social and political systems. Stuff that Anand Giridharadas speak about. 

Last year I heard a Joe Rogan episode with him and also seemed pretty above the paradigm, Orange-Yellow. 

What I don't understand about him is his anime-like character, as a designer It always makes me want to jump from the roof seeing how very wise people with a great message have such bad branding and image, it tests my yellow all-acceptance hahah

Connect to Create ☼♡

I found his way of thinking about things to be more Yellow - he talks about reading a lot of books, getting information from multiple sources, he mentions that when he talks about a concept it's important to take into account the context of the situation. He is also aware of the downsides of present-day capitalism (mentioned near the beginning) and proposes not to exploit others through your business, but to create something which will be useful and helpful to other people (I find that Leo also emphasizes this point when talking about Life Purpose). He may be Orange in the sense that he emphasizes self-growth, while a Yellow person will wouldn't hold this as a priority.

Having said that, I don't think it's easy to gauge a person based only on a couple of hours. In my experience, I sometimes have a hard time gauging people I've known for years.

Edited by PetarKa