Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montecristo

is staying tethered to the "normal" state of consciousness a problem or a challenge

7 posts in this topic

Take @Leo Gura for example, he's been in the most transcendent states of consciousness possible, understands the ultimate nature of reality fully and yet seems to have no issue returning to the normal every day 21st century beta brain wave dominant state of consciousness that allows him to go to the grocery store, run this forum, keep shooting videos, brush his teeth etc.

It's not uncommon for people to totally lose their grip on reality when they get traumatized by things psychedelics aside never mind the total profundity of awakening. 

I'm just wondering if the issue is being dragged back into the "normal" state or maintaining the normal state after awakenings and intense psychedelic experiences. To me it seems that my consciousness is quite fragile, I dont know how I'm even able to write these sentences and fear that if I delve fully into awakening I may lose touch with the relative domain. 

My psychedelic experiences have permanently altered my perceptions and thought patterns in a radical way that at times has been difficult to cope with but the thing that keeps me grounded is acknowledging the dream, and treating it as real. It's a simple decision that at this point makes me feel like I can always be tethered to, no matter how conscious and detached I may become I can always treat reality as real and be fine.

What prevents a crazy person from doing this? Where is the breaking point between insane and not insane, why cant they just snap out of it so to speak like I've been able to.

I can access transcendence at any time but decide not to and it just works, is this enough of a tether to continue to delve deeper without fear of never coming back to survival consciousness?

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

@montecristo The more you evolve, the harder it becomes to 'hang on'. The tether becomes thinner and thinner. Ramana Maharishi used to do this, he used his desire for food as a tether, but even then couldn't hold on for long. Sadhguru has said how his survival was ensured through complex manipulation of life-energies. It depends on your level of mastery. Swami Vivekananda for example was not very skilled at this, and died at 39. Things are different in crazy people, energy misalignment, not energy overflow.

People on the path of Kriya Yoga are usually more capable of 'holding on', but you have to let go at some point, and dive into the Infinite Current. 

Personally, at 100+ days of Kriya Yoga, the dream-like nature of life is becoming more and more obvious to me, I'm like, what the fuck?! I am so scared of the Unknown that I am purposefully involving myself in politics, trying to get outraged etc., so that I can avoid going there. I am explicitly denying that which is right in front of me. 

Release me.

@Nahm hmmm good point. Makes me realize that what I'm really worried about is not being able to engage in the collective delusion that helps me to survive in society.

@John Doe haha good strategy, thanks

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

@Nahm BOOM. ahaha thanks