Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IAmTheHolySpirit

Are you truly self-aware or are you just ego-aware? Find out the difference

4 posts in this topic

Most people think self-consciousness means you are "self-conscious" or being critical of yourself. That is not self-consciousness, rather that is self-unconsciousness.

If you are self-conscious, you are aware and conscious of the self. Meaning that you are conscious of the fact that you are NOT the thoughts, emotions and sensations, but rather the awareness behind them. Self-consciousness means you are conscious of the self as infinite, vast, silent emptiness. That is self-consciousness/Self-awareness.

What most people refer to as self-consciousness/Self-awareness is simply being conscious or aware of the ego. If you are aware of the ego, you are not self-aware, but rather ego-aware. That is the problem of most people. Ask any person and they will tell you "Yes I am very self-aware, I know all my qualities, what I like or not like, etc as a person".

But ask a person "what are you that is self-aware" then they will have absolutely nothing to tell you, they will just make some answers up from the mind and the answer won't be correct because the question came from the mind, and the mind can't know what you are, for you are the consciousness in which the mind appears.

The ego is associated with thoughts, emotions and sensations, it is pretty much the thinker of the thoughts and the content of the thoughts, same as emotions and sensations. It has to do with monitoring itself as a thought, it is thought monitoring itself and then judging itself to be good/bad, but it is completely false and not what you are. You are the consciousness in which the thinker of the thought appears. You are way beyond all thought. You are the silent holy spirit which is ever-present.

If you stay in the mode of limited ego-awareness then it will force unfavorable decisions in life, and will behave very limitly according to what the thought believes and thinks about itself. Nothing in life will change until you realize that you are beyond what the thought might think and believe. You must completely transcend the mind to step into your true light as consciousness. Until then the mind will keep distracting you, until you suffer enough and stay with god only, not seeking anything else, not seeking anything from the mind. Let god be your rock and you will not be disappointed.

Ego is the psychological part of the mind, which makes the experience of being a person appear. Because the ego is active and believed in, the consciousness acts, thinks, and sees life through this limited ego-awareness. That ego-awareness barely ever develops and is only there for you to suffer for you to awaken to the true nature of what you are. The problem is most people do not even know that its there to awaken you, and people simply believe it and trust it for they know nothing else. The key is to realize and experience what is beyond the mind, only then will you have the power to be able to stand in the truth of the being instead of mindlessly following around anything the mind says.

Ego is simply unconsciousness, these thought/emotions and sensations that you currently identify as, makes the ego what it is. Having an ego doesn't mean you are boastful and proud, it can also mean you are miserable and anxious. Anything that you believe yourself to, any thought, any emotion and any sensation is ego.

You believe yourself to not be able to dance (a thought) - that is ego.

You believe yourself to be angry because someone made you angry (an emotion) - that is ego.

You believe yourself to be in pain because you burned your finger (a sensation) - that is ego.

Beyond the ego there is the infinite vastness of being, a unity, a harmony, peace, love, joy, compassion, serenity, a higher power and an awareness that can simply will things into existence effortlessly, it is to be treasured, valued, not set aside for mere distractions and thought. It is to be your ultimate beloved for it truly is the only ever-present being in your life, every other thing comes and goes, the personality that you currently believe you are (ego), money, sex, any other distraction. The only thing consistent in your life is consciousness, and truly that is what you are. We were simply conditioned to believe the mind and trust it, instead of believing and trusting life itself, consciousness itself, the only thing that won't ever abandon us, the only thing that won't ever judge us, the only thing that can truly make us whole.

This made me think of the page that I keep from Eckhart Tolle in my truck. ❤

20190814_152557.jpg

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi