Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

I feel guilty about my life's work

3 posts in this topic

I have made a decision undertaking work that I enjoy.

However, it doesn't explicitly result in saving the world.

I basically have this idea that I want my work to impact the world in a way that will help prevent its destruction.

However, now my passions not aligned with that idea and I feel guilty.

please help

Whats the work your doing? Logging? Slaughterhouse Employee? 

Ego wants to feel guilty so it will be restless and uncomfortable, instead of enjoying and loving what is happening in its life. 

The best way to prevent the worlds destruction as a human? Just wait to die off. 

I'm sure you are destroying the world in many worse ways. Do you Drive? Do you grow your own food? Do you smile enough? 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Yes, that is normal. Because you are not abiding in the idea created by the egoic-mind, he makes guilt appear, as if that idea was even important. That idea is literally just an idea. It is not real, it has no reality, no validity. It literally appeared in consciousness, and naturally you were aware of it. The ego took that idea very personally, the ego became attached to the idea, and therefore  now that reality is not aligning with that idea, the ego makes guilt appear. As if life is guilty for now aligning with an idea appearing within it. 

The only way you can be affected is when you are ignorant of what you truly. Once you know what you are, all of this intuitive knowledge comes down pouring, very naturally and spontaneously. 

The ego made you believe that you must "save the world", that is not true. It is just a thought. Thought has no meaning, no substance behind it. It is only when you believe it, that it appears more powerful. It is because you are lending your own power of belief to that thought. Then it becomes bigger and it appears as if it is some entity. It is all untrue, and you are the one who is truly powerful. You can simply drop entirely the belief in that idea, and understand that life does not conform to merely ideas, thoughts, emotions and sensations appearing within consciousness. It is independent, and you are one with that consciousness. Do not hold to this idea and guilt, simply observe it as consciousness, it will naturally dissolve quickly into the silence of being. Don't take it seriously, do not make a story about it, it will naturally dissolve. As you hold on to it, it stays longer than it wanted to. But that is your doing. Simply let go of that idea, it is not true. 

That which says "I feel guilty" is just a thought, it is not your true self. You are that awareness behind the thought "I feel guilty" and so you are not the one thinking the thought, nor are you the one feeling guilty. That is just a thought pretending to be you. You are the pure awareness behind the thought, so you can relax, just rest in your natural state, be aware of being aware.