KMB4222

Questions for Leo

9 posts in this topic

First issue: On Nov. 16 of last year you posted to your blog (“Amazon’s Corporate Devilry”) a leaked Amazon training video. At the bottom of the post you wrote “Next time you order cheap stuff from Amazon don’t forget all the suffering caused by your survival.”

Why do the links on your book list still link to Amazon? Why did you use the qualifier “cheap”, when you could have left that out? Sounds like you were making an excuse.

This makes you look like major hypocrite, and calls your legitimacy into question if you can’t even be consistent on that one issue. There are other booksellers you can link to. 
Is it for money? Is it because you can’t be bothered? (“Don’t forget all the suffering caused by your survival.”)

Second issue: Do you think you have formed a reliance on psychedelics for insights and spiritual development? You will probably say that I am demonizing psychedelics. But actually I am calling into question the fact that you can’t seem to go an extended period of time without taking them. If what you have learned is true, then why not experiment with the flipside and stay off them for a while? Could you do a 30-day retreat without them? If not, then why not?

@KMB4222 I think that second part has shown your lack of experience with psychedelics, if you aren't using them as a crutch, they are by FAR the #1 way to achieve insights, yes you can get them from meditation and other various exercises, but the power of psychedelics, it's something to be careful with. 

I use Amazon for many things.

You're missing the point. Devilry is a widespread, deep, and nuanced dynamic. You engage in it all the time and you will never be perfectly clean. The point is to notice how it works.

There is no major corporation which does not engage in devilry. So if you wanted to be perfectly clean your only option would be to go in the wilderness and die alone.

Amazon is not some evil company. Amazon is behaving like any organism engaged in survival. Amazon does some abd stuff and it also does a lot of good stuff. My blog post was not about demonizing Amazon, it was about showing you how devilry works and how you play a part in it unwittingly.

"Cheap" simply refers to the fact that many people shop on Amazon to save money. This is also part of your devilry.

What people misunderstand about devilry is that it cannot be solved by avoiding it. It can only be solved by embracing it.

I have gone for many months without psychedelics. I take psychedelics to expand myself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, KMB4222 said:

Why do the links on your book list still link to Amazon?

If you have a problem with Amazon just do this ......

WechatIMG470.jpeg

@Leo Gura Thank you for the response. I was actually expecting some condescension from you, and I'm glad to see your response was from a more objective perspective. I still think you are being dishonest and inconsistent in some of what you teach. Sometimes it looks like you put blinders on whenever it's convenient. 

@KMB4222 yes I realize that I did make an assumption, and I'm glad your reconsidering, you should always find the truth for yourself, but, again from my personal experience, Leo's content does seem extremely accurate and no other spiritual teacher has compared.

1 hour ago, KMB4222 said:

I am re-considering following Leo's content

I know what you feel, I've been there. Wanting to follow someone you can trust to avoid falling for the same traps that same person is falling into. Isn't that trust just a trap though? Does it matter who the insights come from or does it matter whether the insights are true? If you want to assume the insights he give are true without questioning them and feel safe because you consider him woke then you aren't doing the work.

It's like considering ourselves like childs and acting like a parent who wants to know whether that person will be a good source of influence or not. This is not about behaving like Leo. This is about detaching from assumptions and reconsidering things based on experience.

If Alex Jones would give you the ultimate insight in life you are missing out currently, would you reject it just because it comes from Alex Jones?

Personally, although all of what is going on with Leo right now I find he still delivers insightful content once in a while. I just hope they won't find him dead in his bathtub someday because he mixed up suicide with awakening.

Edited by 4201