Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
courageouslittleone

What To Focus On

20 posts in this topic

i'm finding the self-actualization process to be overwhelming. There's so much I want to do that i'm having trouble finding the balance of how much is too much. I welcome any advice about how other people find the balance. 

47 minutes ago, courageouslittleone said:

i'm finding the self-actualization process to be overwhelming. There's so much I want to do that i'm having trouble finding the balance of how much is too much. I welcome any advice about how other people find the balance. 

when you begin to try and deal with every little issue in your life and every little issue that has taken root within your consciousness since it's beginning, yes it is going to be overwhelming, and that is because you are putting the cart before the horse.   rather than seeking the cure for all these things you are trying to deal with symptoms, this is why you are overwhelmed.

Check out Leo's latest video, to see if you already want what you should want, and then figure what you really want, and then strategize how to get that, perhaps asking here how to strategize what you want when you know what it is you want :)

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Self actualization is scary and overwhelming if you take on too much at once. Therefore I reccomend that you shall only instill one habit at a time and still learn the theory by watching videos.

The habit should be the one that is most important to you.

For me, it is simply doing nothing for 20 minutes a day because it makes me more happy and makes it easier to build other good habits and leads to true inner growth. 

Maybe you should try that for some time and build from there... 

On 7/10/2016 at 3:37 PM, krazzer said:

Check out Leo's latest video, to see if you already want what you should want, and then figure what you really want, and then strategize how to get that, perhaps asking here how to strategize what you want when you know what it is you want :)

when you fully awaken, you will want nothing

On 12 juli 2016 at 2:23 AM, charlie2dogs said:

Which is exactly what you should want

Edited by krazzer

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

On 12 juli 2016 at 2:23 AM, charlie2dogs said:

Hey! 

I've been thinking about this. Isn't it a fragile path to take, making enlightenment your primary goal and purpose? I realize that it is THE root solution for, well everything? But most seekers actually never end up as finders from what I've gathered. There might also be no visible progress for long periods of time which would make it hard for a person to stay motivated. After all what action can you actually take towards this goal? Retreats and dayily meditation?

In comparison a person could follow their actual wants and needs whatever they may be, make visible progress maybe even succeed and end up realizing that it did not bring true fulfillment. I've seen several people arguing that experiencing that realization for oneself might be necessary for some people.

I made it my priority for a period of time. But watching Rupert Spira, reading books about spirituality and meditating all day just brought me down in the end. I saw no progress,  and certainly felt no inner peace. All the while my wants was still there, real as ever. 

To awakend can take a lifetime, if it happens at all. Isn't it a ballsy move just betting it all on one hand, if you know what I mean?

1 minute ago, Emilio said:

Hey! 

I've been thinking about this. Isn't it a fragile path to take, making enlightenment your primary goal and purpose? I realize that it is THE root solution for, well everything? But most seekers actually never end up as finders from what I've gathered. There might also be no visible progress for long periods of time which would make it hard for a person to stay motivated. After all what action can you actually take towards this goal? Retreats and dayily meditation?

In comparison a person could follow their actual wants and needs whatever they may be, make visible progress maybe even succeed and end up realizing that it did not bring true fulfillment. I've seen several people arguing that experiencing that realization for oneself might be necessary for some people.

I made it my priority for a period of time. But watching Rupert Spira, reading books about spirituality and meditating all day just brought me down in the end. I saw no progress,  and certainly felt no inner peace. All the while my wants was still there, real as ever. 

To awakend can take a lifetime, if it happens at all. Isn't it a ballsy move just betting it all on one hand, if you know what I mean?

i know what you think you mean,  most are not seeking enlightenment, they are playing the personal growth role, which is fine that is needed. I discovered that for those that do awaken, long before, they have this deep inner urge for liberation, even though at the time they dont understand what is happening. once the consciousness awakens enough to desire liberation, nothing can stop it.  if there is no visible visible progress then you must be just doing some practice or following some philosophy of someone else who thinks they have the answer.

in a handful even here on this site i have seen a great deal of progress in a very short time,   The problem with the masses they have no idea where they are going, what they are looking for and looking in all the wrong places,  words no longer mean anything today,  the standards of most things have been changed till they mean nothing.  most are led around from one thing to another, from one so called teacher to another, until they end up sort of like you, no progress, only more programing and forming more beliefs.  so what is it for you, remain the unconscious functioning human identity or begin to awaken?  as for people arguing about self realization, they know nothing about it.

@charlie2dogs I'm having trouble understanding you, but I'll try to answer anyway, though I might misunderstand you.

Are you saying spiritual teachers such as Spira and Tolle serve no purpose? That they claim to have answers they don't?

If so, what action are you suggesting one takes exactly? If following, say Spiras practice is wrong. And what makes you think you're more qualified than Spira?

I want to awaken, as far as I can tell. Suffering sucks..

8 minutes ago, Emilio said:

@charlie2dogs I'm having trouble understanding you, but I'll try to answer anyway, though I might misunderstand you.

Are you saying spiritual teachers such as Spira and Tolle serve no purpose? That they claim to have answers they don't?

If so, what action are you suggesting one takes exactly? If following, say Spiras practice is wrong. And what makes you think you're more qualified than Spira?

9 minutes ago, Emilio said:

before i get into answering your questions let me as you one question, and i am glad you want to awaken, because the suffering will increase if you don't. 

what does enlightenment mean to you?

1 hour ago, Emilio said:

Hey! 

@Emilio

40 minutes ago, Emilio said:

Are you saying spiritual teachers such as Spira and Tolle serve no purpose? 

I'm going to butt in here:

Emilio, you just answered your own question there.  You saw the results that following the likes of these teachers produce.

1 hour ago, charlie2dogs said:

before i get into answering your questions let me as you one question, and i am glad you want to awaken, because the suffering will increase if you don't. 

what does enlightenment mean to you?

I have an idea about it in my mind, from all the things I've read and listened to. Seeing through the supposed illusion of the ego identity and therefore seeing reality as it is. 

I'm not sure if that's the answer you were looking for.

On an emotional level I seek it because I'm unhappy. Life feels empty and meaningless most of the times. 

1 hour ago, Mal said:

@Emilio

I'm going to butt in here:

Emilio, you just answered your own question there.  You saw the results that following the likes of these teachers produce.

Then I'm lost. Don't I need some guidance? I thought having some kind of spiritual teacher along the way was a good thing.

I also read in Ayla's journal about meditation beeing a "run away behavior" from true spiritual work. I'm so confused. Different  people claiming this and that. What is actually true? How do one actually go about this? 

Ugh, this is depressing. I almost feel like just giving up.

4 minutes ago, Emilio said:

I have an idea about it in my mind, from all the things I've read and listened to. Seeing through the supposed illusion of the ego identity and therefore seeing reality as it is. 

I'm not sure if that's the answer you were looking for.

On an emotional level I seek it because I'm unhappy. Life feels empty and meaningless most of the times. 

these are good answers,  reality can only be seen in the moment it happens, because reality is what happens in the moment, but the human identity is not functioning in the moment so it doesnt have access to that reality, can you see that, the identity is functioning more or less in an unconscious state of being, and only gets to suffer the consequences of not living in the moment when all things arise for the most part, by not being there when the event arose it ends up reacting to situations that have arisen and most often have already created some consequence.  the brain converts data received through consciousness,  into something that the human can see, and grasp, but if the human identity isnt functioning in the moment as the event is occurring, then that  data has to pass through the identitys programing, belief system, warped perceptions of everything it holds,  and then you no longer have reality to see.  Life will feel empty and meaningless after the newness of anything wears off for the identity, i may continue this later

3 minutes ago, Emilio said:

Then I'm lost. Don't I need some guidance? I thought having some kind of spiritual teacher along the way was a good thing.

I also read in Ayla's journal about meditation beeing a "run away behavior" from true spiritual work. I'm so confused. Different  people claiming this and that. What is actually true? How do one actually go about this? 

dont give up lets work with it a little and see what comes of it,

9 minutes ago, Emilio said:

tomorrow send me a private message, i will do my best to help you, if you would like,  but i have no books to sell, no vids, no grand philosophies to sell you, but i can take you to the door of enlightenment, but you will have to step through the door when the time is right.  this journey isnt for the weak or the faint of heart, that is why only a few become enlightened.  its not hard, its easier than the suffering you are going through right now you just have to put aside your belief system and be willing.

39 minutes ago, Emilio said:

Mmm..you're not lost. Not at all. 

I merely stated something.  Notice the direction your mind took it...

Into something more than it is..

Can you see that?

I promise you, that of you listen to Charlie you will begin on a journey that won't disappoint you.  

I have very recently realized that we don't need teachers and paths.  Sure it's a good thing to have some tools, but you can find your real self, and if you attempt to look for your real self and ask the right people here questions to take you to the next level, then you cannot go wrong!?

@charlie2dogs

On 7/14/2016 at 6:25 PM, charlie2dogs said:

tomorrow send me a private message, i will do my best to help you, if you would like,  but i have no books to sell, no vids, no grand philosophies to sell you, but i can take you to the door of enlightenment, but you will have to step through the door when the time is right.  this journey isnt for the weak or the faint of heart, that is why only a few become enlightened.  its not hard, its easier than the suffering you are going through right now you just have to put aside your belief system and be willing.

Can you also help me as well? I am feeling a little lost in my journey.

4 minutes ago, NotKnowing said:

@charlie2dogs

Can you also help me as well? I am feeling a little lost in my journey.

i will do my best to, yes