Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LennoxConner

How do I let my mind "wander"?

3 posts in this topic

I do guided mindful meditation but there I always found problematic (and weird) when the voice told me to let the mind go freely where it want.

How do I even do that? Isn't my mind me? Like I never understood what to do exactly because usually my mind doesn't wander too much, if I get distracted it was because I started thinking about something else not my mind. Should I start purposely thinking about something else? But then I'm not sure that would be let the mind roam free...

Also I tend to get very immersed in my breath a little later than when he says to do, and sometimes when he says that i need to let go of that concentration it bug me off a little since i have to loose the moment i hadusps tracking showbox speed test

Edited by LennoxConner

1 hour ago, LennoxConner said:

How do I even do that? Isn't my mind me? Like I never understood what to do exactly because usually my mind doesn't wander too much, if I get distracted it was because I started thinking about something else not my mind. Should I start purposely thinking about something else? But then I'm not sure that would be let the mind roam free...

The mind wanders by itself, your job is to sit there for 20 minutes watching it, dont try to watch it, notice that you already are watching, there is nothing you can do in meditation, youre not in control of the meditation, maybe you can try being aware but only until you get lost in your mind again. Have fun.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

As @Rilles said - you're not in control. The question of how to let yourself be falls away the moment you relax. What can you do? Look deeply into your experience. Be curious: "What is actually going on here?". Don't think about it, just listen to all phenomena. Don't manipulate it. Manipulation will happen -> don't manipulate the manipulation. But you will. And on and on it goes. At one level of resistance, you will stop resisting the resistance. But that will only happen if your consciousness (not the you you think you are) really sees and understands why the resistance is the problem itself. It's the reason "you" can't let go. So really, just be very present without force and leave yourself alone. No matter how much you fight, no movement of your mind will make that go away. See that it's hopeless and your consciousness will rest in seeing that. It's not you who has to accomplish anything.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth