Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

My perspective: why most people don't feel good and project that upon surroundings

5 posts in this topic

From my personal experience, I think this:

Most people don't feel great, are pessimists, close minded, stupid (people who think they are educated but are not), talk negatively about others because when someone consumes tv, social media, low conscious youtube and video games...Nobody can feel good after that. NOBODY. It numbs person down, making unable to feel good, in any meaningful sense. It makes you feel like shit. Then people go after consuming that, go out in to the world, and of course, they project their own shit state onto other people and things.

Personally, after watching stupid youtube or any other low conscious media, it makes me feel like shit. I don't know it's just me...Do you guys feel same way? How do you feel, after this? 

Most of media, is this kind of crap. It good for companies who make money from making people dumb but this is very bad for humanity. And it will eventually back fire on them. 

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

What you take in is what you put out. But its also perception and intention. I read the news, like to be informed, to be aware. But I don't let it affect my life. On Youtube I have my music channels, history and learning stuff, and whatever feeds my mind and spirit the stuff I want it to consume. 

Its your choice what you eat, and with what intention you consume it. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

5 minutes ago, Chakra Lion said:

What you take in is what you put out. But its also perception and intention. I read the news, like to be informed, to be aware. But I don't let it affect my life. On Youtube I have my music channels, history and learning stuff, and whatever feeds my mind and spirit the stuff I want it to consume. 

Its your choice what you eat, and with what intention you consume it. 

I agree.

And I would also add that I believe most people have a sort of equlibrium state that they always get pulled back to after a positive or negative experience. Some people tend to be negative in general and no matter how many good experiences they get, they will always find some way back to hell. Some other people however, tend to do the opposite. They can have a bad experience and feel horrible for a while, but find their way back to a positive state pretty soon.

In addition, having a purpose and being on a hero's journey would certainly help, but I feel like the inner human equilibrium state is just as important for general happiness.

When sitting in traffic you can either think,

"Everyone is in my way!" 

Or "I am in the way." 

Or "We are in the way."

Seeing yourself in others brings so much peace. Not letting general society pull you, but instead you watch your brothers and sisters live the life you could never. You can watch with love and care, and really its a blessing, because you gain strength by keeping yourself out of their mistakes. 

A theme I have found, is that whatever one views as a flaw in others, its something your trying to fight in yourself. Why else would one circulate it in their reality.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

31 minutes ago, Chakra Lion said:

A theme I have found, is that whatever one views as a flaw in others, its something your trying to fight in yourself. Why else would one circulate it in their reality.

When we judge others, we judge ourselves too, at the same time. Leo talked about that in his video about how to stop judging. It's very true. Stop judging is the way to go. That episode is amazing.

https://youtu.be/ulam38XpQG4

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport