dude

Bullshit Or Holyshit?

4 posts in this topic

How does spiritual growth feel and how do I recognize it?

I realize that meditating during the day gets me into some kind of weird state. I was walking around and feeling like this world we live in is bullshit with all our electronics, cars and money. Its all just distractions from us slowly dying. You would think it is "smart" that we created all these things but its just evolution at play. We are asleep just making and analyzing things to better the world to let more humans live on this planet, to sustain more humans. But in the end these humans that we create are asleep doing bullshit to achieve more asleep people on this floating rock. How about we look to ourselves once and just realize that the majority of things we do is just bullshit. And we should focus on understanding ourselves more, not doing our auto-pilot shit of expanding the human species. This time I did not only understand what Leo meant I suddenly felt it or something. I became all emotional and shit.

^^ Now tell me is this spiritual mind fap or spiritual growth? ^^

Thanks for helping

- The Dude

Edited by dude
misspelling

Good stuff. Sounds like you had some insight. :) It is bullshit for what? For you? For itself?  Can it be that whatever is just is and since it is it has to be until its not anymore?

One day it will be some other bullshit tho. :)

There is a huge difference between knowing a concept / allowing it to be part of your belief system, and truly genuinely understanding it from within. I think you experienced this difference!

Every situation is an opportunity for growth, this one is no different, just remember that this isn't the "final" truth. Surrender to knowing how much you don't know. Be careful not to get cozy in this understanding because it can produce a whole lot of pessimism 

I think it's 50/50 mind fap and growth. If you want to make it 100 growth, take your own advice and apply it to yourself and see what happens :D

@Corte @Fishy Thanks for the reply! So what I understand from what you both just said. I peeled a layer off bullshit off "reality" but there is still a lot bullshit left so I need to peel the rest off. Well back to my meditation then :)