Jahmaine

What is the “Us vs Them” mentality?

4 posts in this topic

What is it and what makes it good or bad? 

Us Vs Them is duality, and often the dialogue for Us vs Them, because it is built on identity and not facts, truth, and nuance makes it hard for either party to get what they want. 

For example, if you think the wage gap exists because you are a feminist and therefore its because of patriarchal tyranny. and if you don't agree your a sexist, white elitist....

While if you were a feminist who was not in this With us or against us mentality you would be open and aware to different opinions without identifying others as against you based on difference in structure of opinion. You would be open to mutli-variance analysis on the pay wage gap and be open to exploring the subject in a way that you couldn't if you were too busy being caught up in identity politics.

Us Vs Them: Content Vs Structure. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Fair enough that makes sense

What if I (myself) told you (other) that Leo (for argument sake) has a plan to kill you and *here is the proof* - have I created an Us (me and you) vs Them (Leo)? 

And is there a problem with it? 

Should you ignore me showing you because “we’re all one”? 

Does the more enlightened person not participate in such a thing as “he” wants to “kill” “you”? 

What if a group of enlightened monks was told there was a plot to kill them, would they not be bothered because it’s creating an Us (monks) and them (those that want to kill)?

The ego is not the one who jumps away when a bus is about to hit the body. The body will usually jump away by itself. The ego is the one who ask "should I?" - Jim Newman (paraphrase)

Edited by traveler