Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seb G

Plurality and Tulpamancy, anyone experienced on this?

7 posts in this topic

Radical Open-Mindedness Required

I've been experimenting with Discord recently and found some interesting resources within heaps and heaps of bullshit and weird shit (or is it?). It took tons of open mindedness for me to start getting what Plurality is and I only started looking for something like this because of certain experiences I've been having recently.

Plurality is the idea that you are not one entity, but multiple beings channeled through one body. If you are mindful of your thoughts, you can realize and label these different characters. It doesn't have to be a literal voice in your head, its more nuanced than that. You are a different person when you talk to your lover, when you lead your business team or when you are writing in this forum. Its normal to have multiple personalities, its just mainstream media makes this sound like crazy talk.

Now here its were it gets interesting.. Tulpamancy means creating "tulpas" or mental constructs for these personalities. Very much like, during meditation, it is useful to label thought patterns because it makes you mindful that they exist, tulpamancy is like taking this to the maximum level. Instead of just labeling a thought pattern with a word, you give it attributes such as a name, body, face, size, etc. Doing this, you can create a character which you can interact even with.

Many people in these circles are fiction writers, and say this is incredibly powerful for writing. Have you ever read a book and felt like the character in them exist somehow?

How is this related to enlightenment? Aren't you just creating more egos?

You can discover you are God during a trip, and how you've created everything, including yourself and everyone around you. My thinking is that, you have that same creative power within this creation. More creation yields more creation yields more creation to infinity.

So there's two directions you can go with this work: you can merge with God and all be one, or you can create more. My hunch is that your ego, your image of yourself is a tulpa.

Also, its important to note that these "tulpas" may already exist within you, I call them thought patterns/process which tend to run you unconsciously unless you become aware of them. I believe this is what "spirit guides" are, but I'm not so sure.

Warning:

Be very careful with this. Remember that, at the end of the day, the most important thing is discovering Truth and Love. This is new territory that may be interesting and exciting (at least for me), just don't get too caught up on it and always remember your path.

@Seb G Is this not similar to fragmentation, like when your ego is fragmented and you have different shadows? For example you thought you had to be really masculine when you were young so that fragments the feminine side of you

Also ive done this with a therapist before where they asked me what is the inner child thinking and then what would he say, or what is anxious part of you saying. I would talk for them and theyd all have their own motives and things like that, it was quite interesting actually. But i think ultimately youd want to accept all these parts of you and integrate into one, i wouldnt see the point of trying to find different personalities and labelling them unless you were doing it because they were buried in you and you were trying to accept them

@Consept Yes, I think the term Tulpamancy is just used in Magic and what I saw in Discord. Honestly, I don’t really vibe with that. Fragmentation sounds better to me.

I can totally see how this could be used to find those buried parts of you and learn to love them.

I agree that there’s no point on creating personalities, but more like recognize them. I’ve notice certain thinking patterns have a certain “tone” to them, but I haven’t gone beyond that.

1 minute ago, Seb G said:

@Consept Yes, I think the term Tulpamancy is just used in Magic and what I saw in Discord. Honestly, I don’t really vibe with that. Fragmentation sounds better to me.

I can totally see how this could be used to find those buried parts of you and learn to love them.

I agree that there’s no point on creating personalities, but more like recognize them. I’ve notice certain thinking patterns have a certain “tone” to them, but I haven’t gone beyond that.

Its definitely true and important to recognise them for your growth. For example if you were bullied as a child maybe you became a bit of a bully afterward to cover how you felt, but then what happens to the child that was bullied, his voice gets covered up but that voice is still you its just been repressed. I think its definitely worth looking into, i mean i dont know about all the magic but the fragmentation can be a great tool. I think Diamond net and Teal Swan have some good videos about it 

I've seen my Psyche being split up into multiple sub-persona/entities. But as everything is an aspect of the Self it didn't worry me. I would not recommend anyone to have these types of experiences.