Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiko

Afraid and terrified sleeping alone in the house

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I am 26 years old and afraid of sleeping alone in the house, especially during the night. Last summer i forced myself i mannaged to sleep alone 4 days in a row. It was very terrifying i dont know how i did it. I thought that i will get used to it if i force myself a little bit more but the instead of getting better it was getting worse. The most scariest moment ussualy occurs midnight if i woke up and my mind start imagining all sorts of crazy scary shits. Usually during the day there is no problem sitting at home and sleep, but once night comes my mind enters the hell.

P.S I have not visited terapist regarding this issue. I tried some of theese medicaments which dull your anexiety before sleep, doesnt help me.

Edited by Kiko

See a therapist. There is always an underlying issue.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Kiko what it is about the night that terrifies you ? 

Like what kind of scary things do you imagine ? 

1 hour ago, Elton said:

@Kiko what it is about the night that terrifies you ? 

Like what kind of scary things do you imagine ? 

It could be anything, i mean even the things that wouldn`t scary me so much can become very terrifing. For example one night i woke up with thinking about the series Twin Peaks. I had watched it  long time ago and suddenly poped up from nowhere. 

@Kiko okay.. I have personally not seen it but what is it about that series that scares you ? Is it some charecters in it or some animal or some environment that triggers the fear. 

Is it the thoughts about the charectors environment or animal that triggers the fear? 

Let's try things that work for you ?

Every week we can try one technique ?

Consider journalling your emotions and thoughts next time you feel such an episode for at least one week.

You might come up with the answers yourself. Or at least gain some clarity and I sight on it, but do it regularly for a week and force yourself to think about why you are really getting so afraid? What is it about that thing you are getting so afraid of ? What are your thoughts about it ? Do you feel any body sensations while afraid ? Could your past be responsible for these emotions? How could you let go of the past ? How could you let go of the fear ? Could there be any breathing techniques that could make me calmer ? 

Journalling before, after or during your episode is your call..I think you could start by journalling every day in the morning..