krookedrustik

Anyone feel that your pickup (PUA) friends never end up being real friends?

5 posts in this topic

I have started seeing this pattern whereby any pickup friends I make, the end result is always the same with them. As soon as the relationship is not about pickup, they get weird and leave. Has this happened with anyone else? Would be nice to know your thoughts

I had a friend who was obsessed with picking up girls, quite shallow and low quality person. They are into pickup for a reason, they want to get what they want, and this is what they do with you also, not just with girls. What am I getting from this relationship? X, Y, Z. Ok it is worth it, if I don`t get it anymore, I leave.

Edited by Alexop

@krookedrustik What would you consider a “real friend”?

Male friends are friends who share a commonality or a mission. The moment you take that away there is no purpose to the friendship anymore, and 9 times out of 10 you realise that this “friend” was only your friend because you had a shared mission

We aren’t women, when we have friends , it’s not just to sit around and talk shit all day, it’s to get shit done

On 13/04/2020 at 8:29 AM, Alexop said:

I had a friend who was obsessed with picking up girls, quite shallow and low quality person. They are into pickup for a reason, they want to get what they want, and this is what they do with you also, not just with girls. What am I getting from this relationship? X, Y, Z. Ok it is worth it, if I don`t get it anymore, I leave.

This guys exactly right

Do the math, and see if there is actually any point to the friendship, if not cut lose

On 13/04/2020 at 3:40 PM, krookedrustik said:

I have started seeing this pattern whereby any pickup friends I make, the end result is always the same with them. As soon as the relationship is not about pickup, they get weird and leave. Has this happened with anyone else? Would be nice to know your thoughts

have you noticed that all of your friends are like that? And not just friends, but family members?

Your mum only cares about you so long as your her son. If you're not her son or don't meet her expectations of what a son is, you're disowned.

Your friends only care about you so long as you provide them with what they need. If you stop, they stop being your friend.

Your girlfriend only cares about you so long as you provide her with her expectations and needs. If you stop, she divorces you.

Leo's followers only care about Leo so long as he produces videos that meet their expectations. If Leo stops, Leo's followers start complaining and asking him to go back to 'how he was' or his 'old ways and self'.

This is human nature, face it. This is what bondage is. People care about things because they get attached to ideals they have about a particular person. As soon as that ideal starts to fade away, so does the relationship and bondage.

Edited by electroBeam

On 2020-04-15 at 5:34 AM, electroBeam said:

have you noticed that all of your friends are like that? And not just friends, but family members?

Your mum only cares about you so long as your her son. If you're not her son or don't meet her expectations of what a son is, you're disowned.

Your friends only care about you so long as you provide them with what they need. If you stop, they stop being your friend.

Your girlfriend only cares about you so long as you provide her with her expectations and needs. If you stop, she divorces you.

Leo's followers only care about Leo so long as he produces videos that meet their expectations. If Leo stops, Leo's followers start complaining and asking him to go back to 'how he was' or his 'old ways and self'.

This is human nature, face it. This is what bondage is. People care about things because they get attached to ideals they have about a particular person. As soon as that ideal starts to fade away, so does the relationship and bondage.

Word!

Leo said: You don't give a fuck about me, you care only about the value I provide because it serves your survival.

IDK man, you can be as spiritually and mystic as you want, but if you`re not in practice, it is just farting in the wind.