Matt8

Finding Job

2 posts in this topic

I have part time job I am looking for full time job it's not going well I've done 2 interviews 1 personal 1 online conference call and lot of phone calls.

I would say it's harder to find job now during the corona virus.

Also when I interviewed I didn't get all the answers right so I know I have to improve that but what bugs me is that I really want to tell employers that I'am willing to work hard and that I will invest lot of time in the work but they heard that stuff before and think I'm not taking it seriously I feel like I want lie to them and make up stuff just so that they hire me.

The thing is that I've worked in an company before (part time job) and I saw what people do on their full time job and I have also seen various interviews based on the position participants were applying to and what I learned about those interviews was that:

the questions sometimes don't relate that much to what you need to know to do the job

they sometimes pick based on personal preference (which I think Is not good when they get judge by personal matters which are unrelated to work)

you sign up for something and do something else or it's not as good as you thought it would be

Every employer wants to hear something else so it's sometimes about luck

I don't know anymore It's complicated I don't want to get into the details I will probably have to write on some other forum which specializes in IT since I'm looking for networking related job but there is more to it then just having knowledge you definitely need it but you also need attitude, look, fake smile(IDK why I put this here just carry on), mindset, experience .... etc.

41 minutes ago, Matt8 said:

I would say it's harder to find job now during the corona virus.

Maybe, but also many people think that. That means IF you get through to some key people its easier.

41 minutes ago, Matt8 said:

Also when I interviewed I didn't get all the answers right so I know I have to improve that but what bugs me is that I really want to tell employers that I'am willing to work hard and that I will invest lot of time in the work but they heard that stuff before and think I'm not taking it seriously I feel like I want lie to them and make up stuff just so that they hire me.

Dude, I know what you feel. My goal is to get to a point where I'm skilled enough so that I don't have to play along with this bullshit.