cypres

Human Design

11 posts in this topic

http://humandesign.net/basic-concepts.html

"""

FOUR TYPES OF HUMAN BEINGS AND THEIR STRATEGY
The Human Design System groups people into 4 specific types: 
Manifestors, Generators, Projectors and Reflectors. 

The main difference between each type is in their aura. Although there are endless variations within each type (and within our genetics), each type has a specific auric quality that determines its strategy - a correct way of approaching and navigating life.

Strategy and authority are two key elements of the Human Design System – and all you really need to know to live a fulfilling life free from resistance. We are objects moving in space. Just like a street car when driven off the road, we too encounter problems and resistance when we don't respect our unique nature.

MANIFESTOR
Manifestors are a minority - around 8% of all people. You are the only type that is here to initiate.

Historically, Manifestors were the rulers and law givers of the world. So many of our habits and accepted generalizations are created by and fit for Manifestors. You are the ones - the only ones - who really can go out and make things happen. As children this happens as soon as they can reach the doorknob. You are designed to be an unstoppable force that will not allow anyone to control you. If there is something you want, go and get it, as it will not come to you (be it a job, partner etc.) - just listen to your authority. You have the potential to shape the world the way you want it to be. On an energy level you have a very deep impact on others, but your aura doesn't communicate as much as the auras of other types. That's why people often don't know what to think about you. It creates un unconscious fear in them and they try to control you from the moment you were born. This leads you to your predominant negative feeling – anger. The secret of success for you lies in communication. The way to operate correctly for you as a Manifestor is to inform. Inform those that are going to be impacted by your actions about what you're going to do. In this way, others will not be so intimidated by you. They may actually help you and put their energy into whatever it is that you have initiated. Then you can find what you are looking for - PEACE.

Without informing, you will get resistance every step of the way. That's why many Manifestors, already in their childhood, resign, after being punished over and over again by parents, teachers and others. They give up their manifesting powers and concentrate on going through life, just getting by. They may feel ignored, or like they've been run over by a truck. The last thing they would want to do is to inform others. Everybody else is in their way all the time, so the idea of making it easier for others by informing is unacceptable. Yet it's the only way out of the circle of control and resistance. (While still living with parents, Manifestor's strategy is actually different - they need to ask for permission.)

Go to sleep as soon as you begin to feel tired. You can read or watch a movie for a while before you fall asleep, but already lying down in a horizontal position. If possible, sleep alone, not in other people's aura – you will feel the difference in you in the morning.Remember that there may be a neighbor above or behind the wall and if you're closer then your two arm-lengths, you are still in each other's aura.

Strategy: Inform those who will be impacted by your actions. Think about that, you'll see you impact quite a lot of people.

Predominant negative feeling: Anger

Famous Manifestors: Johny Depp, Richard Burton, George W. Bush, Adolf Hitler, Frida Kahlo, Jack Nicholson, Robert DeNiro, Orson Welles and Susan Sarandon

GENERATOR
Almost 70 % of all people are Generators. If you have a defined Sacral center, then no matter how the rest of your chart looks, you are one of them.

Generators are the great workers of the world. But also the slaves, who doing work they can't stand, day after day. You can imagine Manifestors as the Pharaohs of the ancient Egypt and Generators as all those multitudes who built the pyramids.

Sacral is a tremendous energy generator (hence the name) that gives you all the energy you need to do things, anything you enter into correctly. For Generators, life is all about RESPONSE. Instead of chasing after life, let the life come to you. Your aura, like a powerful magnet, brings to you everything you need to fulfill your purpose. Sacral can not initiate, it can only respond. The only truth is that which comes to you through your response. Without responding, you will end up deeply frustrated.

SATISFACTION is the key word for Generators. You need to be selfish; it's all about self satisfying work. Do only what brings you satisfaction. Your life is all about doing what you love and only that shows you who you are and brings you happiness. In words of a renowned anthropologist Joseph Campbell: "Follow your bliss and the Universe will open doors for you where there were only walls."

If you initiate, if you don't respond and enter into things incorrectly, you get the theme of frustration and want to get out, quit. Your energy is cut off and you end up feeling depleted, tired or frustrated.

There are 2 categories of Generators: (Pure) Generators and Manifesting Generators. The main difference is that Pure Generators work in gradual phases, much like climbing a mountain: going up, things are moving on, until they reach a plateau when nothing seems to be happening. If they didn't begin whatever they are doing out of response, this is the moment when they feel stuck or trapped. However, if they entered into it correctly, eventually an impulse will come from outside and they will resume their work, and start climbing again. Manifesting Generators do things very quickly and are even more tempted to initiate (not waiting for something to respond to). They are very efficient and skip that, which is not important. But in doing so, they also often skip something essential and then they need to go back to it.

If you're a Generator, it's healthy for you to go to bed only when you are exhausted. If you haven't used up your energy, you will have problem falling asleep and will not wake up fresh the next day.

Strategy: Wait to respond

Predominant negative feeling: Frustration for Pure Generators and frustration and/or anger for Manifesting Generators.

Famous Pure Generators: Albert Einstein, Dalai Lama, Elvis Presley, Bill Clinton, Meryl Streep, John Lennon, Madonna, James Dean, Vladimir Lenin, Carl Jung, Timothy Leary, Oprah Winfrey, Meg Ryan, Greta Garbo, Margaret Thatcher, Deepak Chopra

Famous Manifesting Generators: Frederic Chopin, Marie Curie, Hillary Clinton, Clint Eastwood, Sigmund Freud, Mahatma Gandhi, Steffi Graf, Marie Antoinette, Mikhail Gorbachev, Jimi Hendrix, Pope John Paul II, Janis Joplin, Friedrich Nietzsche, Richard Nixon, Yoko Ono, Prince, Jaqueline Onassis, Martin Luther King, Vincent Van Gogh

PROJECTOR
If you are a Projector (22 % of population), you are not here to work. You are here to know others, to recognize and guide them. But that can only happen if you yourself are 1) recognized and 2) invited to do so.

Your strategy is to wait for an invitation in the important areas of you life (your relationships, work etc.). If your authority says yes, then you can really share your gifts and guidance. To be invited means that you are seen and recognized for your values. If you don't wait for an invitation, or the energy of invitation, you meet resistance.

Through your open centers, you take others in deeply. You take in other people's definition and you can clearly see who they are. Your aura focuses on the very core of their being and you can recognize others. But if you try to guide others without being invited to do so, you meet resistance, or feel that no one really sees you, no one recognizes you. Out of that comes a deep feeling of bitterness, often mixed with exhaustion.

Projectors fear that they will not be invited. But if you follow your strategy of waiting for the invitation, what happens is that your aura's frequency starts to change and the more you live according to your design, the more invitations you get. This will bring you SUCCESS. Once invited, you don't need to wait for any more invitations regarding whatever you were invited to (project, job, relationship etc.). Just follow your authority in doing what you do and don't initiate. The invitation, correct entry into anything, is the key. The feeling of being recognized, appreciated, heard and seen. Is it there? Great. If not, you may stop talking in mid sentence and save yourself yet one more disappointment of not being understood.

Projectors are the eternal students of humanity and system masters. You need to have a system through which you can relate and understand life. Projectors often have the need to study Human Design deeply in order to gain the intellectual understanding of how they are to operate correctly. Projectors are the only type who can really know what's going on.

Your openness can be energetically exhausting, so it is important to have your own space where you can relax. The same advice regarding sleeping applies to you as to everyone else with an undefined Sacral: go to bed as soon as you begin to feel tired and if at all possible, sleep alone (see Manifestors for details).

Strategy: Wait for an invitation, or the energy of invitation

Predominant negative feeling: Bitterness

Famous Projectors: Queen Elisabeth II, Mick Jagger, Joseph Stalin, Ringo Starr, Osho, Napoleon, Woody Allen, Salvador Dali, Elizabeth Taylor, Fidel Castro, James Joyce, Barbra Streisand, Ulysses S. Grant, Douglas MacArthur, Demi Moore, Princess Diana, Tony Blair, Ramana Maharshi, George Gurdjieff

REFLECTOR
Reflectors make up only about 1 % of the population. If you have all your centers open, you are a Reflector.

You are completely open to the world and others. As there are no defined centers in your design, you take in the definition of everybody else. It's like seeing the world through their eyes, sampling their particular frequency and reflecting back the other. You are like a mirror and the reflection of other people constantly changes your perception. One moment you many feel extremely emotional, the next moment it's gone. Then you may get all these ideas and a strong sense of knowing where you're going in life, and then it's gone again, and so on and so forth. That's why it's very important for you to choose your friends and partners carefully, as they will have a great impact on your feelings and your experience of yourself.

For you, the open G center rule - to be only in places that you like - is even more important. Then you will be with the right people and get the love you seek. Your total openness can make you at times almost invisible to others. Without knowing the mechanics of your design, you may feel deeply disappointed in life. But this very openness is a potential for a great wisdom, if you learn how to work with it correctly. You are here to sample life. To successfully apply this knowledge, Reflectors have the need to study and intellectually understand the Human Design System.

Any kind of pressure is detrimental to your health. Take your time to make important decisions and don't let anyone pressure you. You are a lunar being, tied to the lunar cycle, so the strategy for you is to wait 29 days before making any major decision . During these 29 days, talk with different people about your decision - and listen to what you yourself say about it. That's how you find something different and how you get to be SURPRISED.

Life for you is an impersonal experience. As you go through life, learning the truth of "this isn't me" again and again, your greatest potential is that of complete transparency. Your openness can be energetically exhausting so it is important to have your own space where you can relax. The same advice regarding sleep applies for you as for everyone else with an undefined Sacral: go to bed as soon as you begin to feel tired and if at all possible, sleep alone (see Manifestors for details).

Strategy: Wait 29 days (the full cycle of the Moon) before making a major decision and talk with others about it, while paying attention to what you say

Predominant negative feeling: Disappointment 

Famous Reflectors: H.G. Wells, Sandra Bullock, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Ammaji (hugging Amma)

TYPES - CONCLUSION
The strategy of each type is very simple, yet it may be not be easy to put into practice at first. Manifestors, who feel controlled by others all their life, need to inform. Generators, who have oceans of energy, can't just go around doing anything - they need to wait and respond. Projectors, who can see others and are here to guide them, need to wait for an invitation - something they never expect to happen. And Reflectors, with their openness and taking in other people's definition, must wait 29 days before making a major decision - no matter how certain they feel about something in the moment.

"""

:ph34r: Thank you for this! Really interesting read :) I find parts of every human design in me, although I feel like I am mostly projector 

1 hour ago, cypres said:

I'm reflector and don't feel like the world is made for me at all.

How is it to be a reflector ? do you think you suffer more than other people do you have a social life?

21 hours ago, cypres said:

@max duewel I resonate a ton with the Reflector-descriptions in that my feelings about a decision change throughout the month, during which all energy centers get to be in charge, and having to wait a month or several monthly cycles to make bigger decisions.

Reflectors are like canaries in the mines, and the main purpose is to show what is and isn't working in an environment. All of the chakras are forced open, I really can't watch the news or anything and some people want me to learn to filter things but that's not a choice for everyone xD

A person's aura is about 4 m, so when you live with other people or in an apartment building you're really dependent on the people who lives around you since you'll take on a lot of their feelings. It's recommended for Manifestors, Projectors and Reflectors to sleep alone in their own aura to wake up refreshed, so our homes aren't really built for that.

I don't have much of a social life honestly, but I used to and I know Reflectors who do. I'll mostly take on other people's suppressed aspects and feelings so it's hard to be with people who do this a lot. I often feel like a person hates me from the beginning and I'm trying to tell myself it's because I reflect something they rejected in themselves :$ But socially, the Reflector aura is sampling and resistant (a little of everything) and the Projector aura is focused and penetrating (tuning deeply into one at a time), so I believe it's the Projector who is most susceptible to others' energies and can become overwhelmed and exhausted.

Feel free to share what you discover about yourself if you get to dive more into Human Design :)

Very interesting, I appreciate the detailed response!! I looked at the website and it looks quite complicated and similar to chakras and serious astrology.

I resonate with the description of social interaction but with some stuff that does not fit, according to the human design system is change possible or is it determined.

@max duewel I totally second that! I am too and I feel like an alien struggling in a world that I'm not designed for haha. 

Type: Manifesting Generator

Profile: 2/4 - Hermit / Opportunist

Definition: Single

Authority: Sacral

Themes: Satisfaction / Frustration (Anger)

Incarnation Cross: RAX Rulership 4

System: Tropical

I dont know what any of this means, but it seems pretty fucking accurate lol

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I'm a generator and it's pretty flattering although I don't feel like a generator. Reading the other types I don't feel like any of them describes me well either.

This theory is intresting and complex and I wonder what is the difference between this and Astrology? Both are based on birth data. If this theory is accurate, does it mean that Astrology too?

Let Love In

I'm a reflector 1/3... I literally change all of the fucking time. I actually had a thought the other day about how I feel that reflectors might pick up on the experience of "oneness" easier than other types. I've never once done DMT, although I'd like to some day, but some of the experiences people talk about with DMT I feel I've come close to completely sober. Sometimes it's a crazy feeling, almost orgasmic other times it's a string of thoughts that lead to some insane places. I've read that reflectors are almost like the "akashic" records of humanity and I resonate with that deeply because I feel like every single experience I've ever had is stored within me and I crave experience like some people crave food. It's been a journey.