Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

How long does it take for a habit to form?

4 posts in this topic

I started waking up early today at 4:30am, I have a cutoff time for activity at 7:30, and read until I'm tired.

This morning I was really tempted to do a yoga practise; this is something I have been trying to incorporate into my routine but have not been able to uphold discipline with.

I feel motivated to make this change; I have been piecing together a dream board (as suggested by @Nahm), each time I look at what my life is about, I start to feel good emotionally in my body. I also do the occasional visualisation, in a rather informal way (maybe whilst laying down before I go to sleep, whilst working in the garden), but I think that they do help and it becomes really exciting experiencing what my mind is capable of creatively.

I feel like I could handle implementing a yoga practice along with my morning routine, due to the added motivation of the dream board, visualisations and interestingly the material I consume. But I have attempted to implement many things at once into my life at a time and it has often ended up in me binge eating and becoming a lazy slob. But during these times I did have nothing to motivate me. 

How do I know that a routine has been cemented into my life? 

♥️

Really great to hear! To your question, I would say when the benefit is being felt & realized, and you’re naturally inclined to continue it. Also, when it is seen that it is serving your aspirations and dream for your life. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thankyou very much. This makes a lot of sense.