Raven_Mike

Feeling Enormous Depression

66 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Orange said:

but even if you think there is a conceptual barrier between you and the external world, that again is an idea produced by your mind..how can you be so sure this is True? 

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. :) 'Truth' means there is no longer a conceptual barrier between the apparent subject and the apparent object world.  Truth is not a thought or a philosophy, it's a direct experience of "what is"

This only becomes an idea, a memory, when one comes out of that experience and identifies as a conceptual identity again.  This is what I'm doing here, talking about an experience I had, but the experience was that I had seen things are they "really are".

37 minutes ago, Orange said:

the Absolute Truth, why is it called that way if also it is human product of the mind? It is misleading no? Absolute means this is carved in stone and no other way. Can we really access Truth? ..ever? How do you guys know if this is really correct or not? 

What I'm assuming is that your personal definition of Absolute Truth is something along the lines of "there is only one way".  But that's not what we're talking about here.  We are talking about reality and what reality really is.  Reality is not a product of the human mind, reality is everything.  In reality there are no divisions between you, me and a slice of cheesecake.  These "divisions" are mental constructs created by language and beliefs - a story which is built over a number of years since early infancy.  The baby in the cot bites her thumb and notices that there is a "me" and a "thumb" and some pain/pleasure.  This is the genesis of the story of our dream that takes us away from experiencing the truth and puts us into a state of imagined separation in order to master life as an "individual".

47 minutes ago, Orange said:

now how do you access the Absolute Truth then? 

Technically, we don't access Truth.  Truth is all there is, but we just don't experience it because we think there is a "me".  For example, when we crave for cheesecake, we automatically assume that the "I" want's some cheesecake.  But the reality is that the craving just happens without "I" being involved.  

What does your brain say when you want cheesecake?  "I fancy some cheesecake!!" ??;)

But the real sequence is:  "Fancy some cheesecake..... "I" 

The "I" is the last thing to 'happen'.  But the problem is the "I" imagines itself to be in control, has free will and has a choice.  But this is an illusion, and when the I imagines these concepts of free will, control and choice are real this is when suffering happens, because this "I" thinks that it can change reality in some way.  Which is complete nonsense.

Seeing through the illusion of this "I" is to know Truth.

But be careful, the "I" can never access Truth, because trying to access truth means that the "I" is already striving.  What needs to happen is the "I" collapses.  When that happens all the conceptual barriers it created collapse too.

@Orange There is no 'self' to wake up. And since 'you' don't exist, the one waking up is the one that does everything. People call it 'God', the Source, the Void, the Absolute, etc. If there's no 'you', what's that's in here is what's everywhere. 

What is it that believes it's separate? The Absolute that's experiencing itself as a separate being. Then what is it that would wake up? The Absolute experiencing itself as someone who woke up. But underneath all of these illusions (the one who's still asleep and the one who woke up) - it is also just the Absolute. It's without limit, time, unending, etc. There is nothing that is not that, that is everything. It's all just the one manifesting as an image/ form that looks like something separate. 

It's like a sand castle. I built the sand castle and that castle is not a separate thing from the sand. It just looks like it is. But what is it made of? Sand and nothing more. That's a bit like what it is.

There is nothing 'you' can do to make the shift happen. It's just what happens. 'You' are not the doer. What's happening right now is simply what the Absolute is doing in 'your' name. And see if you can find the illusion of yourself, of this thought that you are in any way separate from what is happening around you.

There is no one to know anything. The truth is what's left after the 'seeker' is no more. 

@Mal @Natasha ookay I think I'm getting it now. But why does the absolute have this insight in "you" and not other people? I wonder in whose brain this  insight originated from (of the absolute; because it is one of the first time i hear that i am not me) do you think it's random events? By me asking these questions then from this logic, it is the absolute asking questions to himself? Hahaha

Edited by Orange

@Orange In the following interview Tony Parsons gives simple and insightful answers to the questions you're asking, and more:

On 6/26/2016 at 6:58 PM, Mal said:

What I'm experiencing right now is that absolutely everything is "nonsense". 

I just found this post of Leo's in the thread Reality Vs Illusion that might be of insight:

"They can be used to aid one another. Use both!

You can use illusion to find the truth and embody the truth.

As long as you're alive, you're in the playground of illusion. So learn to play with it."