Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Light Lover

Am I contemplating correctly?

4 posts in this topic

This is quite an important question for me.

Quite simply recently I have started contemplating seriously, before I for whatever reason just didn't seem to be able to do it. I feel in my bones and mind that I am doing this correctly, I simply sit and ask myself deeply 'what is reality, who am I within it'? I seem to enter into a trance, not like meditation, but I feel my ego (literally, I can see it) getting very anxious whenever I do it. I get anxious before I do it and there is a deep sense of discomfort in the 'self' as I do it. After I finish I feel like I have gone deeper and reality is a bit 'clearer' to me. Obviously I have leagues to go before I have a direct experience. It's like I innately know what I am doing, it is so odd. Before I couldn't do it, but now, after reading so much about it, it's like I know exactly what to do automatically, the technique is a part of me?

Does this all sound correct to you?

2 hours ago, Light Lover said:

I have leagues to go before I have a direct experience.

There’s no truth in that.  It’s a belief which is likely not serving you. You’re already, and quite literally always in direct experience! Inspect your direct experience, anytime you like. It’ll bring lasting presence and some amazing discoveries and feeling. Reality itself can be - will be, decontextualized.  ♥️ “Leagues to go” is just a thought. Let it go, and a far better thought does arise. 

It's like I innately know what I am doing, it is so odd.

Embrace not knowing what ‘you’re doing’...and even that you’re doing. Know the question, write it down, then let it go completely, entirely. Literally actuality forget what it was. Go do whatever feels good, whatever you like. The answer will arise. The key is feeling great. “The body is the temple”, the temple is “the place of gathering”, and that’s not about social gathering. 

Think of the question like a cup full of water. Then it being dumped out. Then when you’re not lookin - it gets filled with answer, unmistakably, as it is felt in the body & mind. 

There is a profound joy in living when it is realized that we all literally experience one single thought at a time. We’re designed for 99.9% feeling, fun, loving, receiving love...and .01% thinkin. One is inherent in the design, it can be no other way. 

Before I couldn't do it, but now, after reading so much about it, it's like I know exactly what to do automatically, the technique is a part of me?

Yes indeed it is. The whole of you. ‘You’ have complete access to the infinite intelligence, and the infinite love, that you are, and that is this universe. No ‘playing small’! ?

Godspeed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Beautifully said, thank you, I needed that at the moment, I have been ignoring this for so long and now is the time to face it. One other question I have to you and everyone else though is that last night I had an incredible sensation across my body, I hope it is normal! Whilst I was contemplating it was like all the electricity in my body went directed into my hands, it was insane, my hands were just in a basic connected position, nothing special, but it was like I could feel the entire body conducting electricity into the hands? Why did this happen? It caught me off guard I must admit...