deso

Will enlightenment change the way you live your life?

5 posts in this topic

Hey, basic question.

Is there anything an enlightened being would likely not choose to do or loose interest in doing?

For example could one being enlightened still consume alcohol and get drunk? Could you still have fun partying? Could you still be an massive extrovert joking around and talking bullshit all the time?

Hey Deso,

Definitely not an enlightened being but here's what I think.

Is there anything an enlightened being would likely not choose to do or loose interest in doing?

If your goals prior to enlightenment regard building up the ego, then you will most certainly

see such pursuits as pointless and let them go. This might be things like worrying about how many

likes your profile picture on Facebook gets or how many followers you have on Instagram.

could one being enlightened still consume alcohol and get drunk?

They could yes.

Could you still have fun partying?

Absolutely. Maybe more fun than before.

Could you still be a massive extrovert joking around and talking bullshit all the time?

Can still be a massive extrovert, I'd say it's somewhat unlikely this would change. In regards to joking around and talking bs all the time,it depends what you mean.

Joking around has no reason to cease after enlightenment.

If you think about what teachers like Eckhart Tolle talk about, they stress the beauty

of the present moment.  Egoic consciousness requires constant entertainment and distraction,

awake consciousness does not.  To realize enlightenment is to value truth. If your going around lying all the time, this is likely a feature of egoic consciousness. The enlightened teachers I've seen in videos on YT seem to value the beingness of the present. As this is the case, idle chatter is incomparable to the joy that can be found in the now.

Hope that answers it.

Leo shot these interviews with spiritual teacher Peter Ralston. 

Also, check LEO's enlightenment FAQ 

Other resources:

Kind regards,

Tim :)

1 hour ago, Tim Gardner said:

Could you still have fun partying?

Absolutely. Maybe more fun than before

☺️?? I’d even go so far as to say, this is when one arrives to the party. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE