Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benny

"The ego divides and conquers..."

2 posts in this topic

I'm reading a book called shadow dance right now. The author, David Richo, mentions the ego's inherent need to divide and conquer. Here's the excerpt:

"Christ's command to love our enemies seeks to override our ego's program. He recommends that we combine the opposites. We do not make foes into friends and then love them but love them as enemies, combining love and antagonism. This is too hard a task for the human ego with its unalterable will to divide and conquer."

So what's being said here?

With these type of threads I always recommend Leo's awareness alone is Curative...

The overall encompassing message is quite simple when you're aware of the mechanisms that create suffering for instance past abuse the dysfunctional characteristics of the ego as a survival mechanism cultural conditioning and so on....

It's not a guide to let the spiritual ego sneak in the back door and think that you're above everyone else its just simple unadulterated( does this word make sense here LOL sounded good) awareness...

Simultaneously it allows you to work on your own conditioning and notice what triggers you and why...?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi