Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Empty

The Difference Between...

5 posts in this topic

Hi, guys.  

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I am fasting this Ramadan, and I am trying to isolate myself during the last 10 days to do strong determined sitting and the do nothing technique. 

I just want to know what is the difference between "strong determined sitting" and "the do nothing" techniques?

what are the different benefits one can get from the two? 

Thanks 

Muhammad 

@Muhammad Hi Muhammad. Arik would be the one to talk to about. You could maybe find some of his replies here on that subject If he is not around this moment.

Edited by cetus56

pretty much similar. SDS resume itself to not moving for long periods of time(1h or more), so you can mix other techniques with it. Do nothing is not moving + dropping any conscious attempt to control attention. Check leos and shinzen youngs videos for an in depth approach. 

about the benefits, all i can add to general benefits you gain from any type of meditation is that SDS allows you to get the fastest gains

Edited by Lorenzo Engel

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

They are very different. In SDS, you don't allow yourself to move at ALL. In "Do-nothing", you would not resist the temptation to move if you had it. Rather you would just try and be aware of yourself while you are moving. "Do-nothing" therefore is a complete surrendering to whatever it is the mind/body wants to do.

The benefits aren't different although I'd say SDS takes more willpower.

@aurum at least in leo's description do nothing involves very serious control o movement

Edited by Lorenzo Engel

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."