sneha

Raw vegans and gym

4 posts in this topic

Any raw vegans who go to the gym? What do you eat? How do you get your carbs? 

i just signed up the gym recently and am on a raw vegan diet.

It seems the default body type without strength training is quite lean, i dont feel thats a problem however because that to me is a more natural body.

Eat bananas for quality carbs after working out, also dates are good for a quick hit after tearing muscle to aid recovery faster. Stay hydrated, citrus juices are also great for you muscles.

Tropical fruits are generally 5% of calories from protein which many bodybuilders and other gym goers would consider horrific however it has been proven many times you can still gain muscle with these levels of protein and be in optimal levels of health. There is some science to show however that slightly higher protein intakes of around 10% are probably even better for people serious in gaining muscle and performing at an athletic level.

I don't think most raw vegans pursue physical perfection or muscularity. Most fruitarians I've seen appear mostly fairly thin, the bad ones malnourished. They are usually more into consciousness work, light yoga and often aerobic training such as long-distance running. 

You won't build much muscle on raw diet although it is certainly possible if you add lots of sprouts, seeds and nuts. Otherwise those roughly 30-40g of protein a day won't be enough. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It’s totally possible and you might be surprised by the results, I feels it’s the ideal way to train without the long term consequences if someone’s able to get their body to adapt, watch this interview 

Edited by DrewNows