Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

People who figured out at a very young age what they were destined to succeed at

5 posts in this topic

So, I am still struggling to figure out what my life purpose at, especially since I recently was forced to quit my master's in teaching program about a month ago. I still can't afford to pay for Leo's Life Purpose course and I feel so lost at the age of 32. I know that we shouldn't constantly compare ourselves to others, but what I truly would like to know is how some people were able to figure out at such a very young age what they were meant to succeed in for their lives. Like how did so many of these celebrities who first became successful during their late teens or 20s figure out and continue to succeed onwards decades later figure out at such an age that they were destined to become a highly successful actor, musicians, models, athletes, business people, entrepreneurs, scientists, heroes, etc.? How do others like Leo Gura or these other young highly successful Youtubers or Instagram figures for various genres such as Fitness, Music, Art, Comedy, Filming, Gaming, Fashion, Business, Entrepreneurship, Tutoring, Dating, etc. figure out ALL ON THEIR OWN AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE that what they have succeeded in doing is what they were going to be successful at and truly be passionate and happy about in the future and for the rest of their lives? I bet that the vast majority of these people didn't even have something like a Life Purpose to guide them to help them figure it all out.

Intuition plays a big part in that. Some people naturally gravitate towards it without even knowing what a life purpose is. Most of the youngest that became successful were usually in an environment, where someone realized their talent or allowed them to have room to grow their skills. Most will end up going through standard education that will promote them to just work a job. I recall taking a test at school that said I should become a taxi driver. Now granted I enjoy driving cars, but at the time I almost considered that an insult. Not to say that there is not anyone out there highly successful in a similar position. There are a lot of factors that will cause one to go a certain route in life. 

Also, you would be surprised by that fact that most of those rich and famous people are not actually happy. But some of them really are because they did really pursue their passion to the max. I am sure a good chunk of those people ended up famous, or whatever and now feel they cannot stop as they are very successful in the endeavor. So I assume maybe you have come to the same stop now that you say you cannot finish your degree. But I suppose I have to ask if you genuinely enjoy teaching? Is it what would make you happy even if it had no pay? 

There is no rush, but it is really nice to identify what your purpose is as soon as you can. But I think there is a lot of things to note. Outer purpose only goes so far and it can change. Inner purpose is something that does not vary. This is a good lesson that I learned from Eckhart Tolle. So while it may seem as if you need to have some big important thing on the outside, that may not always be the case. A lot of it comes down to your interactions in this life will effect the world around you.

Once you are able to discover what it is your love to do, can make money at, what you are good at, and what the world needs it can narrow it down a bit. Some people find that their purpose does not really pay in monetary value, but instead fulfillment. I think that most could achieve both though. 

What really excites you in life? What makes you the most happy while you are doing it? What would you do if you did not have to worry about money? What is something you would change about the world? What is something you have struggled with most of your life? 

for a lot of people it was also "pushed under their nose" by parents and often by luck (or higher power). Like if your parents were doctors you would be brought up with a sense of caring and responsibility for others, as such becoming doctor would be your life purpose and the path would be clealry cut for you from early age. Same if you dad was, say a pastor in church or a teacher. 

On the other hand, Cal Newport says that the "passion hypothesis", the theory that there is one special career out there for everyone is not correct. He says the "passion is made not found. " Means you start doing something and you become so good at it that it becomes your purpose. This is also how many got into it. Believe it or not, lot of people are happy in mundane corporate jobs and think they have found their life's purpose. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 3/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Average Investor said:

Intuition plays a big part in that. Some people naturally gravitate towards it without even knowing what a life purpose is. Most of the youngest that became successful were usually in an environment, where someone realized their talent or allowed them to have room to grow their skills. Most will end up going through standard education that will promote them to just work a job. I recall taking a test at school that said I should become a taxi driver. Now granted I enjoy driving cars, but at the time I almost considered that an insult. Not to say that there is not anyone out there highly successful in a similar position. There are a lot of factors that will cause one to go a certain route in life. 

Also, you would be surprised by that fact that most of those rich and famous people are not actually happy. But some of them really are because they did really pursue their passion to the max. I am sure a good chunk of those people ended up famous, or whatever and now feel they cannot stop as they are very successful in the endeavor. So I assume maybe you have come to the same stop now that you say you cannot finish your degree. But I suppose I have to ask if you genuinely enjoy teaching? Is it what would make you happy even if it had no pay? 

There is no rush, but it is really nice to identify what your purpose is as soon as you can. But I think there is a lot of things to note. Outer purpose only goes so far and it can change. Inner purpose is something that does not vary. This is a good lesson that I learned from Eckhart Tolle. So while it may seem as if you need to have some big important thing on the outside, that may not always be the case. A lot of it comes down to your interactions in this life will effect the world around you.

Once you are able to discover what it is your love to do, can make money at, what you are good at, and what the world needs it can narrow it down a bit. Some people find that their purpose does not really pay in monetary value, but instead fulfillment. I think that most could achieve both though. 

What really excites you in life? What makes you the most happy while you are doing it? What would you do if you did not have to worry about money? What is something you would change about the world? What is something you have struggled with most of your life? 

Fitness, acting, martial arts, fine arts, studying some anatomy/physiology. I would do any of those hobbies if I didn't have to worry about money. I wish I could get more people to workout more often, but it's very difficult to get clients who want to commit to it. I've struggled with finishing grad school twice and struggled to get even a decent job for myself. 

@Hardkill I know @Sahil Pandit does fitness coaching, he would be worth reaching out to if you considered it a pursuit of interest. I imagine fitness coaching can be plenty lucrative if you you take the time to build an audience to get clients. Not to mention there is plenty of market space online doing it. 

If I recall right you really enjoyed the idea of voice acting? Can I ask how many of these pursuits you have ever tried out? Have you tried much other than what you schooling permitted? I found that dabbling has helped me a lot. Not mention I still dabble a bit, but keep things as tight as I can to pursue my passions at a max. So it is not like I have everything figured out myself. But I do have a good sense of direction and what it takes to turn a passion into business.