Mr Being

Feeling anxious about the upcoming Israel elections tomorrow

9 posts in this topic

Tomorrow is the 3rd time election of this year in Israel , the political tangle prevented the establishment of of a government in the past two elections. at the moment if Netanyahu (likud party) manages to gain 61 mandates for establishing a government he will most likely try to prevent his trial that was set to date at the 17.3.20. this means that Netanyahu will be able to keep his prime minister status and have a majority in the parliament for passing laws that will weaken the court system and the Prosecutor's Office with also firing the current Attorney General that may also open new cases for Netanyahu. and in consequence Dismantle the democratic regime in Israel.

At the moment there is still a chance that he will succeed and i hope it wont turn into one of the devastating turning events of the fall of democracy in Israel.

i press all thumbs and send a lot of hopes. i‘m super afraid of autocratic systems, it’s actually my number one fear - i guess a lot of israelian people are afraid of that, too. one part is that you can not do much now - you can only vote intelligently. whatever will happen if he would get thes votes the opposition will also be strong and will have to make sure that he will get a trial anyways.

you could do something to calm your mind or you go outside somewhere where people meet and discuss, it probably feels less tense if you are not alone. i press all thumbs for better democracy.

Edited by remember

I remember how Henry Kissinger said that state of Israel will stop to exist between 2020-22.

well - yeah fuck - good luck from germany. sorry for the sarcasm. but history likes autocrats it doesn’t make a difference and somehow it does not make much difference on which side we are standing - it feels like consciousness is on sale. it’s a sad story.

just make sure he will get that trial. from all sides. 

the name of the rose was : white

Edited by remember

So as it turns out Netanyahu lacks a majority for his government at the moment 58(for right wing -religious parties) vs 62 ( center-left-Arab parties), the political tangle continues, however there was a suggestion by the blue and white party (Benny ganz) to correct a law that will prevent a charged in criminal parliament member for forming a coalition government .This is pretty huge, if the majority that are against letting Netanyahu establishing a government will vote for this correction of law this will cause a great backlash from the voters of Netanyahu (he still holds the biggest party).

My biggest concern now would be a violent riot that might escalate into a civil war. But I'm still skeptical about how far Netanyahu supporters are willing to go in order to keep him in the prime minister office. even a violent riot would hurt a lot the current cultural situation in Israel. lets hope that the moderate people from both sides will condemn any violent act from their peers and let themselves accept the new reality.

Netanyhau is a symptom of a deeper cultural  dialectic of the Jewish and Israel identity , Netnyahu wasn't like this in the past, despite his right wing position he was still a very moderate and caring towards all parts of Israel society( At least imo).

He had changed. too much power and time in his prime minister position made him corrupt and now he uses all of his very skilled political manipulation tactics to create a division between Israel groups. Netanyahu is no populist he's an elitist that uses populism for his own benefit.

4 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Mr Being i had seen few days ago that netanyahu claimed victory. Has the scenario changed? 

That was before the true results came, the media declared Netanyahu as a winner because the poll samples gave him almost a garenteed win( 60-60 only 1 more for a majority) the tides have changed and the true results show that he actually lost 2 mandates which means that he cant establish a coalition government with his peer parties

@Mr Being I see. So what can possibly happen in your opinion? Is the centre left coalition strong enough to form a government? 

stays interesting! i’m also following the developments with a lot of interest - israel is really a country with so much load from diaspora to apartheid, no one would think it’s easy, a lot of different topics which come up - the direction at the moment is towards truth - more acceptance and tolerance and a regain of values may follow.

the day after the polls i was so disappointed for you, some projection happened, too. a lot of emotions came up because you posted about your fears, i actually went into internal fight mode. it’s really different if we can connect and identify with others. only reading about it in the news seems so disconnected. knowing about what goes on in others minds and emotions makes it more tangible.

Edited by remember