Sick Boy

Difficulties of spiritual seeking in modern world

25 posts in this topic

@Sick Boy My pleasure, my good man!

Finding this balance is the human journey of most people who are orienting their lives towards awakening. Have fun :)

@Sick Boy

You don’t want to work in the corporate environment, and are creating a belief against it. This is happening because you’re focusing on what you don’t want, which is not a good feeling thing to do, and you’re making up a thought story to support ignoring the feeling. It seems like some kind of pickle. It’s not, at least, not an objective one. Start visually seeing what you do want on a dream board. Don’t think about how it will unfold, just write it. It will unfold. Try to notice, you chose and focused on everything right up to this very minute reading this. What you’re focusing on, you’re experiencing more of. Get what you want in front of you. Focus on that, because it feels good. 

You’re doing the same thing regarding girls. You’re believing thoughts about a future, outcomes which do not feel good to you. But it is the believing in the future which does not pan out to feeling good. There is no feeling in a thought. There is no feeling in a “future”. There is abundant feeling present here now. So here now, use feeling to let go of thoughts, about “the future”.

To compensate for ignoring the feeling when it comes to thoughts...you’re creating thought stories about yourself. “This doesn’t feel good...so I must be X”. Instead, let the thoughts go, and listen to the feeling,  feel the feeling.  Then pick thoughts about what you want, with regards to girls (or anything else) and it will be in your experience. When resistant thoughts arise, notice and listen to feeling, acknowledge the resistant nature of the thought and let it go. Pick a better feeling, more aligned with your feeling & board (what you want) thought. 

Be careful what you’re putting in front of you. Notice the choices with regards to the  environment you create for yourself. Ask yourself if it is conducive to what you really want. 

If you claim there is “spiritual seeking in a modern world”.. It Is So. Careful how you frame reality up, if at all.  And keep the fitness going, simply for the feeling of doing so. Enjoy it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Sick Boy yo bro be careful your not falling into spiritual ego. Thinking you need to live a certain way or something. Go out and get laid, then come back and do some kryia yoga and self enquiry 

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Sick Boy

You don’t want to work in the corporate environment, and are creating a belief against it. This is happening because you’re focusing on what you don’t want, which is not a good feeling thing to do, and you’re making up a thought story to support ignoring the feeling. It seems like some kind of pickle. It’s not, at least, not an objective one. Start visually seeing what you do want on a dream board. Don’t think about how it will unfold, just write it. It will unfold. Try to notice, you chose and focused on everything right up to this very minute reading this. What you’re focusing on, you’re experiencing more of. Get what you want in front of you. Focus on that, because it feels good. 

Yes, maybe I'm focusing too much on what I don't want. But to be honest, I notice the things that I don't want because they influence me a lot and distract me from my spiritual objectives

@Sick Boy yo bro be careful your not falling into spiritual ego. Thinking you need to live a certain way or something. Go out and get laid, then come back and do some kryia yoga and self enquiry 

Maybe it's just stories I make in my mind, but I find difficult to do these things at the same time. It's like on one hand, picking up, lifting weights and corporate environment put my state of mind on one direction and spiritual practices in an opposite one.