Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antonius

How to invest my free time and money?

4 posts in this topic

I've made massive strides in life recently, went from borderline having agoraphobia to getting a nice IT job and getting rid of most of my depression and anxiety. I've done this mostly on my own, just by following people like Leo and reading books. I'm extremely introverted and I can't even bring myself to be a part of an internet community so now I want to involve other people more in my journey.

I'm looking for recommendations on workshops, seminars, coaching, retreats. Basically anything that would be a wise investment of time and money into my personal development. Keep in mind I'm in Europe and I'm 23 if that's of any importance. I wouldn't mind going to Asia though.

I already invested a lot in books and psychedelics, but I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Areas in my life that need the most improvement is relationships/dating/social skills. I'm also open to anything about enlightenment, LoA, success, entrepreneurship etc.

The other option is just to solo travel to some other cultures and see some beautiful places. That would also be valuable, but I have no idea where to go.

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

Money best spent is on books. 

Time best spent is on health. 

Of course you can travel but at least let the Coronavirus thing die down first. 

For me having a relationship with an American man helped me understand American culture better. 

My recommendation for travel would not be a country because I did travel to a lot of countries over the last few years but it didn't help much because you can't really stay there for a long time because of the expense of both traveling and accommodations. This actually is a hindrance. Because you only get a cursory glimpse of the culture and people and you aren't really diving into it, just touching the surface on your short trips. 

Like I was in the US for a few  months and yes it was a great experience overall but I could not really get a lot to know about the people since you can't socialize much in such a short span of time. 

You just get a general picture of how things are and frankly things are pretty much the same in almost all major cities around the globe, like the same malls, the same brands, the same apartment styles, the same city culture etc etc.. So you aren't experiencing something unbelievable unless you are visiting the Maya civilization from the past. 

Fun traveling isn't a lot of learning. But what helped me was actually studying different cultures rather than visiting them on a short compact travel stashed with tight schedules. 

Read books on different religions, spiritual practices and go deep into their cultures. Read about their values and traditions. 

Improve your online communication and footprint. This helped me more than anything.

Have relationships with people from other countries. There's people from other countries in my apartment and in nearby neighborhoods. So I easily get to bond with them. I invited an Italian neighbor to dinner once. Just mingling with them over time helps you learn a lot about their culture, behavior, thinking or mentality etc etc. Having a relationship with people from other countries in a safe zone helps in knowing them on a deeper level. This is a great revealing experience because you get to see how the cultural  mentality works on a finer more subtle levels, the nuances that are reflected in their perspectives and how distinctly different they are from yours. 

Having an open mind helps a lot. So don't block yourself to any information, method, tradition or process by simply dismissing it as unnecessary or redundant. You have to be like absorbent sponge and soak in all the knowledge and perspectives and experience. Even if you are skeptical about it.. 

So read read read a lot. And socialize socialize socialize a lot. These are great ways of building your database on a finer level. Because most people just have a general information on everything. But a relationship or socializing opens different tiers of that same information that nobody else can know except you.. 

In the end, experience is king. So if you haven't really experienced something, you haven't really learned. You have only skimmed. You have to get exhausted learning about every nook and cranny regarding any new experience or tradition or system. 

Don't spend all your money at once because that won't be viable. Use it a bit at a time because learning is a gradual process even through socializing. So you'll always need some money saved for future learning. 

If you have time, spend it on 3 things 

~ Learning 

~ Total personal development - skills, health, personality, spirituality and mental health etc

~ a sustainable lifestyle long term and some fun and hobbies. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I found the life purpose course to be well worth the investment for entrepreneurship. Figure out what kind of business you want to have and invest a lot of time and money into learning about that specifically too. There is a massive amount of content out there to consume.  I would highly recommend you invest a lot of extra money and time into learning more about your anxiety and depression too. Wipe out as much of it as possible! I am glad to hear it is going well for you though.

Travel would be great in general. I would just shy away from anywhere without stability or a fair justice system myself. I am going to be traveling by car all around the US this summer and I think that will be quite an adventure. Will be tiring driving that much though lol. I don't know what experiences you have, or what country you live in, so hard to say. If you are looking for spiritual stuff from travel, then I am not sure. I have found a lot of nature to be well worth traveling to. There is some crazy experiences and sights to be seen really anywhere in the world. 

There are various places where you can invest your money. Initially go for small investments otherwise you must pay the debt relief order after taking the loans. If your small investment gives higher returns then go for a big investment. Then your growth will gradually increase.