Mafortu

Has the word "real" lost all its meaning now?

21 posts in this topic

I do believe in Reiki and chakras. 

A Chakra therapy I did a few years ago really helped me. 

I think it's closed mindedness to not be open to new ways of exploring the Self. 

Let people do what they want. It's Trial and Error. Eventually they will realize what works and what doesn't. 

Some of it is bullshit and scamming and some of it is genuinely helpful. 

You wouldn't know without trying. 

Also let's say you wanted to try acupuncture for the first time but didn't know much about it and you come across a scam artist who charges you a hefty amount and actually knows nothing about acupuncture. You come out of that experience with the obvious conclusion that the whole field of acupuncture therapy must be a scam. That's because with things like these, it's quite easy to scam people because there is no standardization or a certification or an international board of certification and supervision to weed out scammers and keep it legit. 

So most people are going to have negative views on matters like these. 

I'm pretty sure back in the 1960s even meditation and yoga must have been looked at with skepticism and a lot of people must have been scammed causing controversy and lack of acceptance. But today it's a standard practice and most people just naturally accept without questions. 

The world is in a rapidly evolving state and in the future a lot of the things unacceptable or ridiculous today will appear more meaningful and appealing. 

There will be a huge market for alternative therapy in the future. It's already picking up steam. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.