Naviy

Awareness Is Curative - Quick Demonstration

3 posts in this topic

What I've noticed from Do Nothing meditations - when the stream of thoughts is happening, and then you accidentaly become conscious, the stream of thoughts often immidiately stops and melts by itself. You even kind of want it to continue (because they say that it's the shit is purging, so it is good when you have a lot of thoughts), but when you are aware it just does not happen anymore. Only when you naturally stop being aware, thought streams start actively going again.

I think this is how the curing process of awareness from the video above can be demonstrated to yourself quickly. Anybody experienced this? When you become aware of thoughts, and they immidiately stop by themselves without you making them stop? 

It's easy to see with such an obvious thing as particular thought, but I believe, this is how it works with habits too. It just takes more time and is more complicated.

I kind of hate that they stop when I become aware of them because shouldnt you be able to just follow the stream of thoughts?

@LateBloomer I think awareness would be tarnished of its very essence if the thoughts continued at the same time as awareness

Even though we talk of having mindfulness during an activity, I feel like that is switching back and forth from being lost in the task and then the memory of what was happening, but to such a pace that we think of it as one process where mindfulness and the task are happening simultaneously. Though it's well known how the brain doesn't do multitasking, we just get the illusion of it