Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ike Carter

Has Anybody Once Had/experienced Enlightenment And Lost It?

6 posts in this topic

Hey again all, 

Intrigued by the human mind and psychology, I began rigorous self development while I was 16, Over the course of that year i attained such of an authentic natural happiness and peace of mind i am 100% positive none of my peers experienced, it raised the bar on what i thought the human mind could accomplish, it hit a whole new level. When i turned 18 i got bombarded and distracted with a girlfriend and also fell into the high school party/lazy/"cool" scene and completely STOPPED meditating, studying, and even caring about self actualization over the course of the next three years. I fell into a mental fog after undevoting myself as if i put on a foggy pair of glasses i was unable to take off. Recently starting my journey again i have never met someone who lost their self actualization and peace of mind other than myself.

Can anybody possibly relate or share sound advice?

Ive begun meditating again and i am on week 3 of meditating for 30 minutes a day.

Ill do anything to feel/have that gift back. 

Thanks you guys.

@Ike Carter

There is a big difference between enlightenment and self actualization. What you seem to describe, is a state of peace and contentment with your advancement in your journey, and to answer your question yes, everyone can "lose" that peace. In my opinion actually, peace is never lost, it is only that things come on top of it and blur it. There is not need to despair or to panic. 

Just go back to the practices that have helped you in the past. Nothing wrong has happened. You just chose a lesson over another. Remember, once we've stopped learning, we're "dead" :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ike Carter I had an enlightening experience of non-duality 2 months ago. I was meditating 2+ hours a day, sometimes 5+ hours. I reached a peak moment where I became everything and nothing at the same time, and I got so scared so I stopped meditating all at once. I guess I wasn't ready. But now I'm starting again, 20 minutes /days. 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

On 6/17/2016 at 10:42 PM, Ike Carter said:

Hey again all, 

Intrigued by the human mind and psychology, I began rigorous self development while I was 16, Over the course of that year i attained such of an authentic natural happiness and peace of mind i am 100% positive none of my peers experienced, it raised the bar on what i thought the human mind could accomplish, it hit a whole new level. When i turned 18 i got bombarded and distracted with a girlfriend and also fell into the high school party/lazy/"cool" scene and completely STOPPED meditating, studying, and even caring about self actualization over the course of the next three years. I fell into a mental fog after undevoting myself as if i put on a foggy pair of glasses i was unable to take off. Recently starting my journey again i have never met someone who lost their self actualization and peace of mind other than myself.

Can anybody possibly relate or share sound advice?

Ive begun meditating again and i am on week 3 of meditating for 30 minutes a day.

Ill do anything to feel/have that gift back. 

Thanks you guys.

you were not self realized when you thought you were, that is the problem, you are having, you havent understood what self realization is, and if you had you wouldnt be asking this question.  who have you been listening to.

I've had experiences of no-self before but I'm definitely not enlightened. Also, what you are referring to is definitely not enlightenment. 

Never mind that. You say you'd be willing to do anything to feel peace of mind/happiness again but if you're so hell bent then you're wasting your effort. Focus your intent on simply being at peace. No need to 'do' when you're seeking an internal state. It may be fleeting but feeling by it's nature is fleeting. On the other hand, if you want to rewire your brain to have that damn near all the time that'll take some work but you can experience what you want right now.  Start simple. Keenly feel your intent to create a sensation of peace within yourself and allow it to come in. It's quite simple, if a tad ephemeral.

At the end of the day, don't be too frustrated that you've 'lost it'. It's there whenever you want it. All you can do is moving in deeper alignemt with it or even beyond that and you already have a foundation in place for experiencing peace somewhere in you. There's no reason you can't make it back to your previous levels.