Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

Apprehension of monotomy

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm writing to maybe get some second opinions on my situation

I've been working in a manufacturing laboratory for 8 ish months now, it's my first real job (19 y/o) and it's been a good opportunity for me to earn some money and I've had some personal development growth from the whole process. But now they're going to be changing the hours to 6-4 12-10 and basically it means it'll reduce my quality of life with unsocialable hours with no sort of compensation. Not a fan.

I've struggled for some time with light to moderate headaches on a frequent basis. My boss used to stress me out but I've done some stress management work and I now feel much better about being around him. I want to now change jobs because I think I experience stress from being aprehensive of having a possibility busy, but boring day in which I'm not very engaged with what I'm doing. The only upside is some of the people I work with there. I believe this is what brings me stress. I think now is a good time for me to start looking for a job that is closer to me (current job is 27 miles away). 

Does anyone experience similar circumstances that could share with me on what you've done to get past this?

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

Sounds like it's time to switch it up, go for it! Good luck finding a sweet gig.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Whenever I have felt a job was not right, I just left and moved onto the next project. If you don't have the money to just leave right away, then make sure you have something else going that will pay the bills. Go put in some other job applications, or even consider starting your own business. 

I could leave right away, I still live with my parents and have good money in savings so right now I'm in a very fortunate position

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.