Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Is Purity Relative?

6 posts in this topic

How does the idea of purity hold up to our actions, given the relativity of most of what we think, do, consume, create, etc?

For example: Eating meat even though it causes an awareness to suffer IE slaughtering the animal...? Vs eating a vegetable which doesn't. 

How do we measure the purity of a teacher? Or of a teaching. 

By purity I mean closest to Truth and the Good and God.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

He who's love is most unconditional, is purest.

When all fear and judgment has been vanquished from your mind, you are pure.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura

On 2/5/2020 at 4:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

He who's love is most unconditional, is purest.

When all fear and judgment has been vanquished from your mind, you are pure.

Is purity equal to nothingness? 

When I am pure, I will see you as an equal. Regardless of your past I would love you. If I was pure would I see others as myself? 

If I was pure, would this mean I have freed myself of transference? How does purity manifest in a human when we have animal instincts? 

33 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura

Is purity equal to nothingness? 

Everything is nothingness. So that's a moot point.

When I am pure, I will see you as an equal. Regardless of your past I would love you. If I was pure would I see others as myself? 

Self and other are one. But how you treat "others" can vary.

How does purity manifest in a human when we have animal instincts? 

Like light shining through a dirty window.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything is nothingness. So that's a moot point.

Self and other are one. But how you treat "others" can vary.

Like light shining through a dirty window.

1. Purity is equal to unconditional love? But to do that is going to take an understanding of nothingness and selflessness. But, ahah obviously the paradoxical self love...?

Basically, as God, I am trying to understand myself better. There seems to be a lot of relativity taking place, and a lot of bullshit everywhere. I am only interested in the highest teachings. The highest and nothing else will do. Thats why I've been listening to you. 

2. I know you are a part of me. And to me you seem to represent the greatest... stream... your work represents a warm stream... in a cold ocean. How I treat others can vary, and how I manifest can vary. There is not I and other and just being. 

3. This is an interesting point. How does Dirt trust that what looks like light, isnt really more dirt? 

Purity is relative, it describes a state of something in contrast to another state..... impure. When we refer to something that is pure it takes an impurity for us to recognize it as purity.

Oneness isn't pure either, it is comprised of all degrees of relative in it and though we may transcend all the layers of relative they don't cease to be, we just see them in their holistic state.

Things is like love, fear, healing and harm aren't a conceptual state, they are tangible in our experience and we can know the nature of our being from how these express themselves in our behavior.

Yet, we live in a relative manifest existence but it isn't a dichotomy of opposites so purity as a conceptual state is something we use to guide us, not rule us.