Harikrishnan

Is there a good reason to read literature

5 posts in this topic

I used to read short stories and novels before my self actualization journey. But havent read any work for past 4 years,  i bring fiction books from library to read but will be keep there in shelf till return date. So do u guys read these kind of books and if so what makes u read it? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I personally do not read ficiton books, I believe you can perfectly do this work without reading a single fiction book or novel. That being said, I do believe these kind of books can bring inspiration or improve creativity or even teach you lessons about life. That is if it is a high quality book. If you don't like reading fiction, just don't do it.

A lot of literature has the potential to expand your knowledge of the human mind, I would recommend reading at least sporadically reading some fiction. But you have to pick the right books of course.

Dostoyevsky is a master psychologist. Start with 'Notes from Underground'.

David Foster Wallace's short fiction is also good. Or existential literature (Sartre, Camus, ...).

You should read what you are intuitively drawn to. There are powerful pointers, symbolism and even prophetic elements in the stories that resonate with you. You are the larger story, so the stories you love or write yourself within the greater story are elements of the subconscious (Oneness/nonduality) coming to light. So stories within the story can be a powerful way to unravel your own story and discover how you are creating it, and what you want to create.  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The reason to read good quality literature is that it usually has many layers of meaning and you get to accustom yourself with seeing through it. The language of your subconscious is symbolic, and having good rapport with it is very, very useful.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2