electroBeam

I feel like I cant trust anyone

21 posts in this topic

@Elisabeth Imagine being away for 1 month every 3 months for the next 4 to 5 years...

Also (I won't ever do this but this is her perspective) what if the place I go to every 3 months I enjoy it a lot(let's say it's the US) and I end up wanting to live there? Then I leave her for it?

What if it starts out as a month, but due to career restrictions it grows bigger? like 3 months every month?

On top of that she's known as being 10x more clingy than the average girl. She's a clingy type. She's a clan/tribal sort of person(because she's from Latin America hahaha).

Also she hates my cofounder to death and fears he will take me away from her. And she has noticed that my cofounder puts more pressure on me the less I go over to China. She worries about my stress.

She also thinks it's unfair of her to restrict me to my home country. What if it's best for me to leave my home country to grow myself? What if I'm still a kid and I need experiences to grow up and mature? 

I disagree with all of her points except the last one. Deep down the last one is really important. I feel sheltered and feel like I need to explore the world more, explore different cultures, customs, try building a business is different countries, deal with different user needs, manage different engineers of different races, etc. To sort of understand the world more.

I think what's ideal for me is to not use the startup as a way to get rich(I honestly don't care about money at all) but rather use it as a vehicle to grow my life purpose: to expose myself and adapt and learn different cultures(do business and live in different cultures for a while) and to learn from highly talented people about engineering(my passion is engineering: the research sort of creative type of engineering). Maybe go to the US and get mentored by the world's best engineer. 

At the same time I have no desire of living in a different country for long (beyond 3 to 6 months) periods of time, because your growth(mind expansion) stops after about 3 to 6 months. After 3 to 6 months the culture shocks go away, etc. So you're in your comfort zone by then. It would be nice to work maybe for 3 to 6 months in a different country per year for a few years(or possibly 4 to 5 years) for growth.

But yeah this is where I'm at. I think my ex is convinced that we should split at the end of the year and use this year to slowly detach from each other(for my benefit aswell). But she also acknowledges the ideal scenario would be for us to get back together when i stop this travelling business. Yet theres no guarantee that will happen.