Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clouffy

Convergent and Divergent Thinking & Intelligence

5 posts in this topic

I find myself to be especially drawn to the "meta" level of stuff, while I really just couldn't get myself to care much about the logistics, hard facts of things. I really want to be good at the conventional logic and information processing stuff, and I feel like I have a huge limiting belief that "I could not access the mathematical/ logical thinking" since I was bad at it since I was young. It's like I want to be good at science as an artistic person. I sometimes feel inferior to those who are better in science than I am. What can I do?

Focus on developing your strengths.

If you are a visionary big picture thinker, that is far more valuable than bean-counting. Stop trying to get the bean-counters' approval.

An eagle is meant to soar, not cluck with the turkeys in the dirt.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thank you. How do I not get egotistical about this? I am comparing with others so much and it's limiting me. Any resources you recommend? I have watched your video on Intelligence twice, still I want to learn more about the "metaphysics of logic", if that makes any sense. 

@clouffy I'm a product developer and we use both convergent and divergent thinking in generating ideas and products. What we do is first do a brainstorm and generate as many ideas as possible(divergent thinking). Then we combine ideas to concepts or we cherry-pick the best ideas(convergent thinking). With the output of the convergent phase, we do another divergent phase but focussed on the ideas from the convergent phase. Keep repeating this sequence and you'll get more and more focused but you keep your creativity. Hope this helps.