Heaven

Tension headaches

6 posts in this topic

Lately I started to have tension headaches..It’s already for around 4 months and it doesn’t disappear.

I took CBD oil for a month+, Meditating everyday for 20 minutes, Sleeping well and eating pretty good.

My work environment is a lil stressful and my life in general but I don’t think it’s the main reason..

I feel like my head wants to blow up lol..the pain is mostly in the back of the head.

Any suggestions ? Someone overcome it? 

Check in with your doc, this sort of persistent headache should be examined. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm mr tension headache.

Be conscious of your sleeping posture, pillow not too low. Now in winter avoid cold exposure in neck and head.

At work dont take things so seriously.

What helped me a lot:

-The days Im tressed,In lunchtime, (mid day) eat a small portion of food.

-Hot showers in the neck.

-Massage behing the ears when the neck muscles reach the skull.

The psychology of tension headachers is a perfectionist person who easily is stressed by responsabilities,challenges and worried about others opinions. Try to change it a bit.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, Moreira said:

I'm mr tension headache.

Be conscious of your sleeping posture, pillow not too low. Now in winter avoid cold exposure in neck and head.

At work dont take things so seriously.

What helped me a lot:

-The days Im tressed,In lunchtime, (mid day) eat a small portion of food.

-Hot showers in the neck.

-Massage behing the ears when the neck muscles reach the skull.

The psychology of tension headachers is a perfectionist person who easily is stressed by responsabilities,challenges and worried about others opinions. Try to change it a bit.

Thanks a lot! I think u got exactly the issue..

Now I need to do the practices?

If any natural medicine helped u lemme know please

Edited by Heaven

Hey Heaven, try this:

1st: quit all caffeine sources (coffee, green tea, energy drinks or other sources). The withdrawal symptoms can be very heavy like depression or general states of low energy. Headaches will definitely appear. It will take at least 21 days or even longer before the caffeine caused symptoms are gone.

2nd. try magnesium supplements (try different highquality supplements and decide which one  works best for you, there is no consent which one works best, so you have to try out) but you will sleep better and it will help your muscles to relax)

3rd quit sugar. Sugar is causing muscles tension (this is my own observation)

4th Do stretching! Stretch your neck, shoulder, back, jaw and arms. Do it consistently over few weeks! You can find a lot excercises on YT. You will immediately know which one works best for you if try some because your muscles are tense in some areas. Find those areas and stretch them.

5th Check if your jaw is tight. Some people grind their teeth during sleep. Your dentist can help you out additionally you can relive this issue by strechting and massaging your jaw.

Hope this helps. It definitely helped me a lot with my headaches. Coffee was my source of headaches and other issues.