Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chumbimba

Doubts about my life purpose

3 posts in this topic

Okay so I am almost done with the life purpose course and I am still not clear on what it is I want to do. What I’ve learned is so far that I have pressures from all different directions to do different things. 

Parents: Want me to become a psychiatrist and while I would kill it in that field I feel like I only want to do it to please my parents also I don’t want to face 4 years of medical school and fail

Society: Get a 9-5 desk job, a wife and kids and work until you retire

Me: So many different options within different fields. I know I want to escape wage slavery. My current degree in school is psychology and Leo said a person with a psychology degree can’t provide value I died inside a little bit because that’s a huge part of my life purpose and passion. So I don’t know what to do. 

I recently got a job at an online accredited university where I can get a 75% off tuition discount. I can get a bachelors in either computer science or business management.

Edited by Chumbimba
Forgot tings

Psychology is interesting but with no md, its kind of tricky. You pigeon whole yourself. You can always do more edu. I suspect its that plan anyway. 

I am doing the purpose course too. If yiu recall, Leo mentioned that period of ambiguity and lacking of clarity. David Deida in way of the superior man talks about the importance of the purpose. Even a lifetime of whatever and one day, it dissolved back to wherever it came from. We're shedding layers of our karma. 

My parents never directed me that way. They encouraged me to do whatever I want. Seek clarity. Enjoy your process. Learn game. Date. Read. Play sports. Join a club. 

If you want, you can travel, and see the world after you do your BA. Very few people figure out how or what to do for purpose. Even if you do, you can't take it with you. 

The purpose course has me feeling entrepreneurship. Side hustle. Something like that to pivot from the day job. I have friends who successfully did it. Huge risk but life's too short. 

I picked up a girl last summer. She was a psych major. She works in business. 75% tuition deal is great. Anything STEM is great. Learn to code. Go wherever the money is. You can do something else later when you get paper handled. 

Goid luck. Strong username BTW 

@Meetjoeblack thanks man. It’s crazy you bring up the way of the superior man because I just bought that book last week and I am going to start it tomorrow. i just got back from Spain last month. Had a blast. I realized I really value free time so I am trying to find a career where I can have that as well as pursue my passions.