RIP

Only Unenlightened People Push Others to Strive For Enlightenment

11 posts in this topic

I have noticed that spiritual teachers who are not enlightened (i dont care about the words you know what i mean, yes everyone is enlightened you just have to realize it ok brother) seem to push others to strive for enlightenment through practices such as meditation, awareness, self-inquiry, etc. And the spiritual teachers who are enlightened seem to push others to just feel good and live life. Why do you think this is? Is enlightenment even a choice? Do we just live life and have no say in whether we realize our enlightenment or not? and in this case is the next step to just live life feeling good, my brothers?

Nice Post.. Much Appreciated... 

I have given myself time to relish in your thoughts/feelings/insights.. So refreshing..

If you go to the Perennial Philosophy of the Great Nest there is the idea of a spiraling evolution, an awakening process.  If you haven't checked that out it is worthwhile.  In that line of thought enlightenment is encapsulated as a process not a isolated event.  This deterministic argument is hot at the moment, most people divide it into a yes or no question.  I am not a fan of the yes or no, think it is oversimplified.  For example, can a grey spot be both light and dark, yes.  Can a person be both tall and short, yes.  Can strength also be flexible, yes.  Almost everything is everything else if we look deep enough.  I believe free will and fate my work the same way, they are both present.  My two sense and totally unpopular and possible not really even considered.  

"good" is a relative term and what is often considered "good" in our modern society is not so "good" for many other forms of life, human and otherwise.  This is the crux of the situation, the discovery process, the unfolding and enfolding of reality as we awakening to deeper levels of Truth.  

What is a feeling of "good", what is rooted in, to whom does it apply, and what does that say.   

I really appreciate you post and take anything I have written as ah whatever.. seriously not serious.. just kickin it around.. 

54 minutes ago, RIP said:

And the spiritual teachers who are enlightened seem to push others to just feel good and live life.

That's just not true.

Go apprentice under a serious Zen master or yogi. He will push your ass to enlightenment.

Don't confuse mainstream spiritual celebrities like Eckhart Tolle with some of the hardcore masters.

Of course you can take soft and hard approaches. The hard approach is not always best. It depends on the student. Most Western students simply can't handle the hard approach. Westerners tend to be soft and lazy these days.

I've heard of a Japanese Zen master who would force his students to sit extra long without pee breaks so they could suffer a little bit more and wake up faster.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's just not true.

Go apprentice under a serious Zen master or yogi. He will push your ass to enlightenment.

Don't confuse mainstream spiritual celebrities like Eckhart Tolle with some of the hardcore masters.

Of course you can take soft and hard approaches. The hard approach is not always best. It depends on the student. Most Western students simply can't handle the hard approach. Westerners tend to be soft and lazy these days.

how would one push someone to enlightenment? what would they push you to do?

7 minutes ago, RIP said:

how would one push someone to enlightenment? what would they push you to do?

Well, you know John The Baptist -- the guy who trained Jesus?

You know why they called him John the Baptist? Because you came to him to find God, he would hold your head under water until you were near-drowned and dead, then he would pull you back up at the last second.

If you were lucky you got a Near Death Experience.

And so we got Baptism.

Try doing that today and see how fast you get sued.

And people complain Actualized.org is dangerous. Hehehe...

In India some yogis would do the ring of fire: where they sit you down naked in the middle of the hottest noon sun, then they light 4 fires around you, to the North, South, East, West, and have you sit through that for hours.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, you know John The Baptist -- the guy who trained Jesus?

You know why they called him John the Baptist? Because you came to him to find God, he would hold your head under water until you were near-drowned and dead, then he would pull you back up at the last second.

If you were lucky you got a Near Death Experience.

And so we got Baptism.

Try doing that today and see how fast you get sued.

And people complain Actualized.org is dangerous. Hehehe...

woah never thought about baptism that way hahahah 

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's just not true.

why have you not gone to one of these serious zen masters to become enlightened?

1 minute ago, RIP said:

why have you not gone to one of these serious zen masters to become enlightened?

I am a soft Westerner ;)

Besides which, 5-MeO-DMT will enlighten you much more reliably than all those gimmicks.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am a soft Westerner ;)

Besides which, 5-MeO-DMT will enlighten you much more reliably than all those gimmicks.

The near death experience idea is making sense. When you do 5 meo dmt do you feel a near death feeling? Im gonna do the hyperventilating breathing technique and get juiced, surfs up

12 minutes ago, RIP said:

When you do 5 meo dmt do you feel a near death feeling?

Oh yes. To death and beyond....

On 17/01/2020 at 10:30 AM, RIP said:

I have noticed that spiritual teachers who are not enlightened (i dont care about the words you know what i mean, yes everyone is enlightened you just have to realize it ok brother) seem to push others to strive for enlightenment through practices such as meditation, awareness, self-inquiry, etc. And the spiritual teachers who are enlightened seem to push others to just feel good and live life. Why do you think this is? Is enlightenment even a choice? Do we just live life and have no say in whether we realize our enlightenment or not? and in this case is the next step to just live life feeling good, my brothers?

Telling someone to go through practices gurantees repeat customers :D

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts