Rhia

How to deal with narcissistic abuse in the workplace in a conscious and ethical way?

6 posts in this topic

Hello to all. I hope my thread does not violate community guidelines, if I am in wrong, moderators, please correct.

What is the right thing here for self development, for learning and to keeping dignity? 

I have been working for an organisation for a while but the line manager turned out to be narcissistic, and however I have lots of ideas how to make it work, and tried to reconcile with the boss for a while, I have no chance to bring my true potential out due to being excessively exhausted and overstressed by the abuse (threats, insults, yelling, belittling) received on a daily basis. 

Recently I stood up to my boss, brought his faulty actions in front of the management (he also agitated against them) and his answer was narcissistic rage against me, whereas he promised to kick me out from the company. Since then I shifted to another department, but he gave an ultimate to the management to leave if I stay in the company, although we don't work with eachother anymore. He yelled into my face stating that his purpose is to kick me out (which he has very little chance for, so my question *does not* involve asking for advice on how to keep my job).

Now, how to turn this extremely low situation into something good (the department of his keeps generating loss that he is blaming me for), without violating ethical standards and harming others (such as him, which due to his ultimate looks inevitable).

I consider myself a highly conscious person, but time to time I lose my control over my words (not actions), when being intimidated. 

Thank you in advance for all future inputs.

Edited by Rhia
To make the question more accurate

It sounds like you handled it correctly. You placed your boundaries and were true to yourself. 

You cant control what someone does. If he's really that committed to getting back at you, then you can only control yourself. Just do your best at work and understand that he's the one with issues.  Let go of what you cant control. I think you're handling better than you realise!

1 hour ago, Alyosha said:

It sounds like you handled it correctly. You placed your boundaries and were true to yourself. 

You cant control what someone does. If he's really that committed to getting back at you, then you can only control yourself. Just do your best at work and understand that he's the one with issues.  Let go of what you cant control. I think you're handling better than you realise!

Thank you a lot. This is helpful now :)

Success is the best ‘revenge’. 

Whatever you put your focus on, you get more of. 

Let him have all the rope he wants. It’s simply not your problem, unless you’re engaging it as such. Up to you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

Success is the best ‘revenge’. 

Whatever you put your focus on, you get more of. 

Let him have all the rope he wants. It’s simply not your problem, unless you’re engaging it as such. Up to you. 

Thank you

On 10/01/2020 at 5:52 AM, Rhia said:

Hello to all. I hope my thread does not violate community guidelines, if I am in wrong, moderators, please correct.

What is the right thing here for self development, for learning and to keeping dignity? 

I have been working for an organisation for a while but the line manager turned out to be narcissistic, and however I have lots of ideas how to make it work, and tried to reconcile with the boss for a while, I have no chance to bring my true potential out due to being excessively exhausted and overstressed by the abuse (threats, insults, yelling, belittling) received on a daily basis. 

Recently I stood up to my boss, brought his faulty actions in front of the management (he also agitated against them) and his answer was narcissistic rage against me, whereas he promised to kick me out from the company. Since then I shifted to another department, but he gave an ultimate to the management to leave if I stay in the company, although we don't work with eachother anymore. He yelled into my face stating that his purpose is to kick me out (which he has very little chance for, so my question *does not* involve asking for advice on how to keep my job).

Now, how to turn this extremely low situation into something good (the department of his keeps generating loss that he is blaming me for), without violating ethical standards and harming others (such as him, which due to his ultimate looks inevitable).

I consider myself a highly conscious person, but time to time I lose my control over my words (not actions), when being intimidated. 

Thank you in advance for all future inputs.

Set boundaries. 

Begin looking at alternative options for employment. Life is too short.