Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parththakkar12

Integrating the Conservative Perspective

4 posts in this topic

So I do agree with Leo when he says that the Left-Wing perspective in general is more conscious than the Right-Wing perspective. However, if we're really gonna move past this hump as a society, people who identify with the Left really need to deeply understand the perspective of the Right. It's on the side that's more conscious to bridge this gap. The more conscious people on the Left really need to integrate their inner Right-winger so to speak. That way, Leftists won't be so triggered by the status-quo/Conservatives and we'll be able to get on the same playing field when it comes to having political discussions!

What are your experiences with this, i.e. integrating Conservative perspectives?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

I was a right winger before i became a left winger.

In terms of judging, there is little/no difference between left and right. When i was a conservative, i used to hate left wing and its policies and saw them as evil. When i broke out my right wing paradigm, i was slowing leaning toward the left and start judging the left.

I think as a social democrat, i have some empathic attitude toward the right. At the same time, it angers me when i see some right wing policies are being implemented and i think "what the hell this people are doing?"

Both left and right are unconscious in a sense that they think their world view is the correct one. But i would say the right is more unconscious to the fact that reality is relative- which precisely a true leftist can see. I think the right wingers can be quite naive and lack nuances.

On the other hand, toxic left wingers can also be naive if they become too much ideological. 

I think one must think on a situational basis, see what is going on and then take a position rather than clinging into one on a pre-meditated way.

Edited by Annoynymous

It depends on the conservative view. A conservative view about self discipline is different than a conservative view about the immorality of homosexuals. Some conservative views get integrated during evolution, some conservative views go extinct. For example, pro-slavery was once a mainstream conservative view, yet no longer is. 

I think it’s important to understand and empathize with other perspectives-yet not all get integrated. For example, I can see and empathize with the fear and insecurity white supremicists have of the “other”. It is often due to conditioning and a desire for survival of one”s perceived self, tribe and culture. Yet few of those views will be integrated into an evolving society. In this case, I would want to provide resources to those conditioned into white supremecy and help them acclimate to a new evolving society.

Currently, there is also a dynamic with traditional gender roles within historically patriarchal societies. Some features may get integrated to the new evolving gender society and sone will go extinct. This will be distressing for those attached/identified with traditional gender roles. One question is “How can we integrate their views?”. Another question is “How can we evolve in a way that best allows conservatives space and opportunity to grow and evolve?”. The challenge with this is that conservatives will often fight like hell for the survival of their conservative views. Look how hard conservatives have fought against same-sex marriage. From the perspective of the conservative view, it is a matter of life or death. 

I think it’s also important to understand that today’s progressives are tomorrow’s conservatives. In developed countries, today’s youth that support same-sex marriage may one day fight against human-android marriage. Today’s progressive view that marriage is between two humans will be a conservative view in the future. 

Oh yeah I think this is important to mention : perspective is different from opinion. Perspective would mean the totality of where this person is coming from, the understanding of how they deluded themselves, etc. while opinion is just what they think. We can integrate perspectives of people we totally disagree with! That way, we can have different opinions AND be on the same page. It's very useful to accommodate for what they actually need (not what they say they need, which could be bullshit) to minimize the level of resistance to evolution.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee