Javfly33

There´s gotta be something really wrong with low-glucemic / slow absortion carbs

6 posts in this topic

I did ketosis in the past (abstaining from carbs/sugars almost completely, with the exception of some vegetables) and I felt different. I wouldn´t say I felt "amazing" I would say I felt less anxious in particular, and a mix of sometimes being strangely tired with others having amazing energy. More or less being in ketosis it´s being like on fasting but with less intensity.

However now I´m far from ketosis. I am trying a diet that I would call "frutariancarnivore". This consists of eating meat,eggs, vegetables and fruits. So anything like rice,pasta,oatmeal,bread...etc I abstain. Legumes too although I eat some hummus here and there.

Well, the thing is even if I am eating plenty of fruit, so plenty of sugars, I am feeling more or less the same as I did in Ketosis. Again, I wouldn´t say the same, the intensity (the clear-headed and the tiredness) are less intense now as It was being on Ketosis, but still it´s pretty noticeable.

I am finding myself craving a good bowl of oatmeal even though I haven´t restricted myself of glucose thanks to fruit.

I´ll have to try more this diet to get more definitive conclusions, but it seems there is a common denominator between all of this approaches (fasting,ketosis, and my "frutariancarnivore " diet), all of them having the same results in clear-headed, anxiolitic properties and a mix of tiredness and energy, from the first being the most intense in this feeling (fasting) and the least (frutariancarnivore diet), the common denominator it´s abstaining from grains / slow absortion carbs.

I'm having a hard time discerning what exactly you are asking but if you are craving oats, eat them and see how you feel. Listen to your body, nutrient variety is important. You don't have to box yourself in some specific "fruitariancarnivore" diet because it sounds cool or seems to work for you for a while (key point: after a period of time you start experiencing the drawbacks) while you miss out on other nutrients from other foods. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Eat the oats! Oats are fine in moderation. As long as you're not binging, you'll be good. 

16 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

I'm having a hard time discerning what exactly you are asking but if you are craving oats, eat them and see how you feel. Listen to your body, nutrient variety is important. You don't have to box yourself in some specific "fruitariancarnivore" diet because it sounds cool or seems to work for you for a while (key point: after a period of time you start experiencing the drawbacks) while you miss out on other nutrients from other foods. 

I´m not doing it to be "cool" lol.

Oats make me bloated. Bloated and feeling full prevents me from doing sports and yoga.

When I had to fast only fruit due to constipation, I realized how good I felt with a light stomach. That´s why I am trying to have diet withouth grains/hard carbs.

Also, oats or any kind of similar carbs haven´t got any unique nutrient that other food do not have. Basically their unique appeal it´s their calorie aportion.

Edited by Javfly33

15 hours ago, Consilience said:

Eat the oats! Oats are fine in moderation. As long as you're not binging, you'll be good. 

Yeah...but the feeling I have in my stomach after I eat them I dispase it. However meat, fruit or vegetables I always feel my stomach allright.

With oats I feel bloated and sometimes even some pain like there´s "constipation" being caused by this oats/carbs man.

4 hours ago, modmyth said:

Is it a carbs thing or a fibre thing?

Interesting question. Idk, although fruit have plenty of fibre too, i was having plenty of it. However fibre from food might be different than fibre from oats/bread/pasta/rice