Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peak

Personal Development City

7 posts in this topic

Maybe in the future there will be a city where people go to do personal development type of stuff. There already something call seasteading: http://www.seasteading.org/. There can be meditation areas. Places where people can meet each other,etc. The city will be automated with technology, robots and have efficiency in everything. There will be artificial nature reserve that looks real.( the city will be built on water using seasteading.) The land will expand if the people want to expand it. Everything will be so efficient that you can sent packages to other people house though Pneumatic Tubes. Lots of transport options. Skyscrapers to live in and smaller buildings to balance things out. There may be a underwater area in the future. In the distant future there may be flying cities if technology allows it. And if possible artificial states of meditation and consciousnesses   

I wouldn't want to be in a place where everything is so artificial. It reminded me of the humans in the movie Wall-E. Terrifying.

And how will it affect sealife? I'm guessing not positively.

As an optimistic dreamer I am with you @MrPeak! @Pelin, totally, not for everybody, that lifestyle. That said, it will have a benefit for the marine world, not a negative effect. Please watch their videos with an open mind before you make judgements. I do completely understand why you would think that though...if the typical western human lived at sea, the way we usually live... it would be terrible... One important thing you neglected to mention @MrPeak is the purpose of seasteading; to bring together brilliant innovative minds, away from the current restrictions of any government, to develop revolutionary, fresh, abundant ways for humans to live in harmony with nature!

I see that everyone is talking about the environment and how sea life will be affected if you start building a floating city on the sea. The problem is that the place that you live in was made by man. The house, the car you use, the city you live in, all took resources to build and we can't achieve 100% environmental living where there are only trees and animals/humans that live with each other in harmony. Every big city in the world take resources to maintain and build, but that doesn't mean that we can be more conscious about the environment and build using green materials. 

One way to solve the problem is to limit construction and build tall. Another way is to raise the platform and use pillars to hold it. The principality of sealand is sort of what I am talking about if we wore to use pillars and raise it very high up. Of course the platform would be much more bigger and prettier than sealand.

And it doesn't have to be seasteading. If we humans can change the cities we live in to be more high conscious, and growth oriented than that's already progress. It can either be making new cities, cleaning up old ones, underwater cities, floating cities, sky cities. Some of what I'm saying sounds too futuristic, but technology keeps on advancing.

Edited by MrPeak

Here are some ideas that I have for P.D.C (personal development city) or whatever name I call it. 

The polyphasic sleeping area.

In one section of the city, there will be pods outside with a door or see-through door if you want people to see you. You use those pods when your required to take a nap. Depends on the schedule you have in order in sleep. The pods will have a timer to tell how much time is left before you can use it. There will also be pods in other sections of the city that aren't polyphasic sleep areas just in case someone visits and needs a nap. There could also be regular napping pods if you just want to take a nap.

How social interactions work in the city.

In the P.D.C you can be althethic and honest, there will be no B.S and small talk(unless if you like smalltalk and the other person likes it too.) And no hoops to get around with. With this you can talk about what your interested in or ask questions about the person life. There will be areas where you can easily find people who are into what you do. (polyphasic sleep, technology, meditation, or whatever) the city as a whole is growth oriented. The point is that you should walk up any stranger you haven't met and ask personal questions to him or her. This sounds like privacy is being taken away from you, but in others cutures people ask different questions to chat with the person they are with. In china they will ask how much money you make as a introductory question, in Indonesia people will call you fat if you are fat and people are fine with that. The point is that you should have easy questions to ask to a person if you want to become friends with them. Now you don't have to give out your secrets, just be more open. There will even be a section in the city where you get to be open and share anything deep with a stranger so you can be friends with them faster. And I mean real friends not superficial friends.

Edited by MrPeak

Pneumatic Tubes? Lol

What do Pneumatic Tubes have to do with personal development? O.o

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.