Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trancedreamer

Anti Art

4 posts in this topic

How do you think about Anti Art? / The Anti Art Movements ?

If you don´t know what Anti Art is about look here : https://webartacademy.com/anti-art

I think Anti Art has changed and can continue changing the Society for the better, challenging the way we perceive art, conventions and boundaries around art.

It might also question the way we perceive Aesthetics in Art.

I also think that Joseph Beuys had interesting Opinions towards Anti Art and expanded its term even more.

There are also similar Art Movements such as Anti- Music which has a very experimental attitude.

Do you think that Anti Art has and can contribute towards creating a better Society, a better Education and therefore could improve our way of creating, using and perceiving art?

In my opinion we are past the usefulness of the anti-art movements as they currently stand. By trying desperately to go against tradition and create new trends, you have yourself become part of a trend which is inauthentic to your own true expression.

It's useful to explore it, but I find it very boring at this point. If your authentic expression is to be against something, I am not that interested.

It's similar to the phenomena of left leaning people hating the rich, but not at all caring about the poor. Being anti-rich, anti-elite and so forth, instead of being pro-worker, pro-human, pro-poor. I prefer the mind to focus on that which it loves, not that which it hates.

You will get what you focus on. Look at the anti-theists or the anti-religion people. In all their blind hate, they have deconstructed foundational institutions which gave rise to civilization itself. They have deconstructed it with no vision and no desire to construct something better, as all their attention was put to destroying that which they hate and find appalling. If traditional boundaries are a obstruction to your own authentic vision, to your own authentic expression, go ahead and explore new ways of defining and doing things. But if all you do is putting your focus on the traditional boundaries and having confused it with your authentic expression, you have become what you yourself want to destroy.

You have become the rules which you seek to destroy, you have become that which became your sole object of attention. This is why it is so boring and lifeless to witness these artists. They are like communists who only seek to destroy capitalism but do not even have a clue as to what they want to truly replace it with, other than the absence of the capitalistic structures.

It is so boring, it literally kills people.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar I agree with your Opinion. Just to be against something for the sake of hating it / not accepting it is completly unauthentic.

But for me that´s not what Anti - Art is about. It has a loosely term and therefore often gets interpreted in the way of being against art just for the sake of being against it.

I think true Anti Art is about something diffrent. It is not only about rejecting the common concept of art, but also about finding new ways to express, perform, create and present art.

The paradox with Artists that are associated with Anti Art is, that these artists themselves  often don't see theirselves as artists who produce anti art, but the general public.

I also don't think true anti art has something to do with trends.It is more about exploring how far art can go and how it influences society in general.

You can dive really deep into that Topic and I think more work and exchange has to be done there to understand how art correlates with anti art.

There was a interesting discussion which once took place in the 70s about Art and Anti Art with Joseph Beuys. But it is in german and I don't know if a translation is out there.

Even though this Discussion was spoken in German maybe one still could be interested.