MattP

Born that way

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone feel that some people are born enlightened? Or at least have a predisposition to become enlightened with little or no effort? 

Have you ever met that person who just seems to have their shit together, and just seems to understand life?

I feel that for whatever reason, there are people whom are blessed, and then those whom are not so blessed. 

Maybe this has something to do with intelligence, or a lack there of. It's like there are these people who don't need to do any spiritual work, because they already understand. And the rest are left to struggle and suffer through life, trying to find a meaning for it all. 

Someone made a comment the other day that made me think. They said "only depressed people meditate." I don't agree, but i had to think about it for a bit. Is spiritual/enlightenment work only for people who 'don't get it.' While there are people who 'do get it' that don't need to work on self development? 

I know for a fact that no matter who you are, you can always grow. I just think maybe there are some who were given 'the gift.' Maybe that's just how it's supposed to be.

@MattP Most people that has success in a field put in the work. It's easy to say it's because of talent and the ones without talent are doomed to suffer. That comes from a place of wanting to give up usually. So please share your hardships. What are you struggling with?

@MattP from what I know. It is by design. Each individuation of consiousness started the journey and is asending upwards towards self realization (infinity) and beyond.

So yes, all around you are people born at different level of consiousness / awareness / position in the infinite spiral. 

Leo often talks about this... About some people being "spirtuality gifted" 

Ramana had his realization when he was like 10 or whatever... He must have been very "close" previously to have been incarcerated in the form/condition/path he did to be able to attain realization. Or maybe already had it and "chose" to be reborn in that era and with a bit of that work attained realization and then lived the remaining portion helping others etc.

In short, mind your own business. Don't compare. Keep your eyes on your own road. And don't expect similar experiences or whatever that others have had. Those might become obstacles or needless expectations which hold you back.

Just enjoy yo ride brooooooo

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@WelcometoReality I guess what I'm struggling with, is that i have to put forth a lot of conscience effort to improve myself and be a better person. More specifically, just treating people better, accepting them, and loving them. The frustration is that some people don't have to put in any effort. It just comes natural. And yes, i have felt like giving up on self development several times. But i won't. 

Thanks for the reply!

@SoonHei Thanks for the reply!

What you said makes sense. Just kind of sucks for some people. But there must be a reason for it. I try not to compare myself to others. It is hard sometimes, especially when i am struggling to find my 'real' purpose here. You see what others are doing, and you think: maybe i should be doing that? But anyway, i can accept that everyone is at different levels. And i am where i am.

Thanks

Most of the time people overestimate how other people feel, or assume based on some strong traits that they have that they are having no problem wonderful life, just because they might be going around smiling , or are successful with what they are doing does not mean that they do not have fair share of their own problem that they are internally fighting, I would not  make such claims on people who are very close to me, let alone someone who I do not know that well. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

@WelcometoReality I guess what I'm struggling with, is that i have to put forth a lot of conscience effort to improve myself and be a better person. More specifically, just treating people better, accepting them, and loving them. The frustration is that some people don't have to put in any effort. It just comes natural. And yes, i have felt like giving up on self development several times. But i won't. 

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I've been there myself. Envying other people for their way they are. Wanting to be like them. Somewhere along the way I stopped caring about others and focused more on me. In a way others have nothing to with this journey it's all an inward discovery.

Of course it's good to treat others with respect, acceptance and love if it is genuine. But when you feel like you can't do that. When you feel hate , blame, anger towards others. Go to the bottom of it. What is the belief that causes these feelings to arise?