DreamScape

Multiple passions.

2 posts in this topic

So, I'm a bit conflicted with my passions. In fact, I seem to be too passionate. Theres just so much that interests me: philosophy, science, consciousness, music and dance, personal development, astronomy, there may be more. I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to figure out what I wanna do. I'm going to university for Psychology next fall (this is the first thing that I was really interested in, and the consciousness work has brought a huge passion for life), but a part of me also wants to make music and do dance, and then another part of me wants to become a modern sage-the vision leo shared on his video "becoming a modern sage" and dive deep into philosophy and the sciences. 

I just think that this much passion isnt sustainable I guess. I've always looked toward Leonardo da Vinci: the polymath who was an expert in 9 different fields, and I've looked up towards people like Albert einstein and such. But how do I go about this? Is there a specific focus I should have or should i allow myself to be passionate this much? 

What I mean is should I cut out all of the other passions while I solely focus on one, or allow myself to be passionate about everything while mastering a field. I know cutting out passions would make me upset because I'd feel like I'm missing out on a lot more of life I could be experiencing, but if I dont have a focus then I cant even master one.

Edited by DreamScape
Because what I said wasnt completely correct

Genesis 27:27-29

@Fortunate Son definitely helps. Yeah, can love many things but ultimately I can only make one or two (later on) a career. Thanks for the tips!

Genesis 27:27-29