Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DecemberFlower

Question on letting go

4 posts in this topic

I am kinda confused about technique of letting go.Specificaly how do I know that I am doing in correctly? How many times should  I let go of something before it wont come up again?

Should I feel relief or is it not "visible" every time immediately? I am doing it in a way that I think about some desire or expectation or circumstance in my life which is currently not welcomed in experience and try to drop the resistance to what is but I am not sure is that the right way

Edited by DecemberFlower

There is no one hanging on to let go...

Try not to perpetuate the illusion of the false self just simply see it doesn't exist in reality. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@DecemberFlower to let it go you must first accept it fully. Surrender to it and go into the heart of it.

If resistances are coming up accept that it's there, then go into it with your awareness and feel it fully until it dissolves.

I guarantee you,...Unfeigned Surrender is greatest, and most likely first, direct experience of your life.

Keep in mind,...experience born of belief can only be experience through the condition of that belief.

"You abandon completely all belief; you abandon every sort of way of hanging onto life.  You accept your complete impermanence; the prospect of your death of vanishing into nothing whatsoever, you see, and of not being able to control anything, of being at the mercy of what is completely other than you, and you let go of that, you see, this means that you even get rid of any God whatsoever, to do it fully. You don't have a thing left to cling to."  Alan watts

"It's time to let go of what you thought was real"  RH Sin

"This notion that we must wait and wait while we slowly progress out of enslavement into liberation, out of ignorance into knowledge, out of the present limitations into a future union, is the mentality of the Long Path, which is devoted to clearing away the obstructions in man's nature and to attacking the errors in his character. The Short Path begins and ends with the goal itself; its nature is direct and its working is immediate."  Paul Bruton

"The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue." - Antisthenes

One fellow commented that letting go was like jumping off a cliff,..."Go jump off a cliff. Don’t go near the cliff and contemplate jumping off. Don’t read a book about jumping off. Don’t study the art and science of jumping off. Don’t join a support group for jumping off. Don’t write poems about jumping off. Don't cling to a parachute as you jump off. Don't let people tell you it takes 10 years of training to jump off. Don’t kiss the ass of someone else who jumped off. Just jump."  Jed McKenna

Before letting go,...some Buddhists say,..."Don't worry, there's nothing real about your confusion."  

"When you recognize I'm not gonna get anything from this; that's when you're very close."  Gangaji

When, through some marvellous desperation we get to the state of total let go, and then you see religion and their gods simply disappears, there's no room for it any longer. Like you cross to another shore you don't need the raft, you get off and leave the raft behind.  When religion is abandoned you are in a dangerous fix because you can very easily slip into madness."   Alan Watts - The Dangers of Waking Up

One of my favorite Letting Go youtubes is called "Anyone Who Gives You a Belief System is Your Enemy."  

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta