TriniVal

The Nagging Need To Be Wealthy

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! From a very young age I have internally known I would be successful in life. I want the finer things in life. Do what I want when I want because I have my own successful business. I am now 43 and this hasn't happened. Not because I haven't worked my ass off trying to get there. To give you some background info about me, I once had a radio show in Los Angeles. I thought this was my calling and it was for several years, but I pulled back and went into the business side as an Account manager in Radio syndication, so that I could raise my daughter. I was successful doing this. I had my own office, great salary and worked for a major network. Then the economy flipped. I lost my job, home, car and became depressed. I lost everything I worked so hard for. So now here I am lost. I tried to go back to working for a company, but it didn't last because of this intrinsic need to be my own boss and be extremely successful at it. It's not working! I can't seem to get on track. Every time I take a step forward, I end up several steps backwards. Unfortunate things keep happening to stop me from achieving what I feel deep within me is for me in this life. I am at a lost. I feel like why would God instill this need in me, but I can't ever seem to get there. I hope that I am explaining my issue properly, because I'm confused. HELP!!!  

Maybe the universe is sending you a message, like a wake up call???

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

This is what I am trying to figure out! Time waits for no one and I feel like I should be where I need to be by now...I don't know. My goal is to follow Leo and make it work this time for good!

Some of what you wrote here echoes my situation. I had to shut a business down after 13 years and have been out of work for about 2.5 years. The deep depression I have been going through is like nothing I've ever experienced before. I even signed up to this forum a while back but wasn't mentally ready to contribute. This is my second post here.

I have that same inherent feeling of knowing I need to be my own boss. I have been doing that for most of my career (and life), but over the short term I have to build some capital to make that happen again. I won't go into all of my goals here this very second but I will say that a job, for me right now, is the means by which I can make that move again. I'm not saying it's the only way to go. It happens to be the path I have to take to rebuild.

Also - I recall Leo talking about goals sometimes turning out to be desires (like say, making more time for your family versus having a big house or some car). Goals and desires are different things. Make sure you distinguish between the two. Both matter!  I'm working on that distinction as I write. I have to figure it out too.

Very helpful advice @metro

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

On 6/5/2016 at 3:36 PM, TriniVal said:

Hello everyone! From a very young age I have internally known I would be successful in life. I want the finer things in life. Do what I want when I want because I have my own successful business. I am now 43 and this hasn't happened. Not because I haven't worked my ass off trying to get there. To give you some background info about me, I once had a radio show in Los Angeles. I thought this was my calling and it was for several years, but I pulled back and went into the business side as an Account manager in Radio syndication, so that I could raise my daughter. I was successful doing this. I had my own office, great salary and worked for a major network. Then the economy flipped. I lost my job, home, car and became depressed. I lost everything I worked so hard for. So now here I am lost. I tried to go back to working for a company, but it didn't last because of this intrinsic need to be my own boss and be extremely successful at it. It's not working! I can't seem to get on track. Every time I take a step forward, I end up several steps backwards. Unfortunate things keep happening to stop me from achieving what I feel deep within me is for me in this life. I am at a lost. I feel like why would God instill this need in me, but I can't ever seem to get there. I hope that I am explaining my issue properly, because I'm confused. HELP!!!  

I like the way you blamed (god) for not getting there, this is a huge mistake, first of all because there is no (god) and that causes one to make many mistakes in many areas of their lives.  when humans dont know the answers to things it surely must be god, so they say. you need to get over the god thing and take responsibility for all that you are and all that you have done.  you brought quantum memory into this life with you when you took up this body, in reality you were instrumental in the creation of the body you are now wearing, your quantum memory may well be controlling your destiny to a great degree.  you need to take a good look at the real you, understand that and then you may understand the human identity that you are functioning as.  as the human identity you will always be confused, because your programing and false belief will see to it that you make choices that will create consequences for you, some few have acquired wealth but it was no god that gave it to them or made it possible for them to do it, and often they misuse it not knowing what fate awaits them later due to the consequences they create.

when you understand yourself much better your life will possibly improve but it may not contain great wealth and if you get to know yourself better the wealth may not be so desirable.

@charlie2dogs  awesome post. Can I ask you something in pm?

Edited by abrakamowse

5 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

I like the way you blamed (god) for not getting there, this is a huge mistake, first of all because there is no (god) and that causes one to make many mistakes in many areas of their lives. 

It can be also said that we are God, right?

:)

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

It can be also said that we are God, right?

:)

only after you are self realized and that has to be your personal experience within consciousness. few can grasp that from a place of realness, many talk about it as general conversation trying to rationalize it.   I will check your message after i eat something been gone about all day. later

Thanks @charlie2dogs  !!!!

Edited by abrakamowse

I found Leo's video when I was looking for some instruction on 'how to be funny'.

I've watched a couple already. Now I am here.

I followed this thread because I do have this Nagging need to be wealthy. As a middle aged man who started three business, there must be a better way live, rather than 'feast or famine'.

1 hour ago, SamuraiChrome said:

there must be a better way live, rather than 'feast or famine'.

Living in the present moment in "feast or famine" ?
^_^

@TriniVal Sounds like you need more business knowledge and training. Invest in that. There are so many great business training programs available. Choose one and stick to it like a motherfucker.

Failure is NOT the enemy. Your lack of seriousness and commitment is. Get your doubts ironed out and focus, focus, focus.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.