Key Elements

Shinzen Young explains Satori through The 10 Ox Herding Pics.

3 posts in this topic

Part 1 Footprints to Ox's tail ☯️

Part 2 Riding the Ox Backwards

Part 3 The Cloth Bag Monk

This is what I got from those clips:

God (No-self, nothingness, no external environment, no embodiment, the absolute, Truth) -->

Everythingness (You literally become everything.) -->

Godhead (Singularity, white/black hole, Riding the Ox Backwards, flow) -->

To love realm -->

Ego: embodiment in mind, body, world, universe

(The arrow means transformation. When this is occurring, there is no distance between you, the absolute, and everything else. There are no dimensions. Everything is one all the time. I said "white hole" only because everythingness came together and formed a singularity. So, it looks "white.")

God's Arrow Going from God, to singularity, to ego. Always happening. Always going through us.

Traps What is interesting to me is, he mentioned the Power of Realms trap. To me, this means being hooked on pursuing anything in the "everythingness realm," or being obsessed with it. Realms are phenomena. They are infinite. There are just more and more. If there's no realm, then that's God because everything is one. God is not a realm.

In one ear and out the other...this is one of my favorite. How are you going to pass on the message once you get it? :o The other yous will not listen. Too woo-woo for "them." Even Shinzen Young is using metaphors to describe it. Once you become one with everything, everything is you. While you are God, you will understand that the experience is not grandiose. How can it be grandiose? It's just you, and only you, God, exists, and transforming into yourself by yourself without separation. It's only when you embody back into your ego that you'll think that it's grandiose. Initially, you may think that the experience is "big" and you're "small." This is the mind misinterpreting the experience. The experience literally has no separation or distance.

Please share insights.

Thank you sharing! I watched his videos and gave me insights about even psychosis and enlightenment.

Here's another one from him:

Is enlightenment a myth? He answers this question. If it is a myth, the world would not be based on the principles of enlightenment--one of them being "love" when you embody into yourself and this world. We would be living our lives differently, and it won't be based on enlightenment. Imagine that--the "opposite" of love perhaps? Think about it. Would you want to be of service to the world without a "love" mission to it? Would you want to serve the world as a "separate self?" Separated from the truth? Would that work out well? Probably not. Why do you suppose it didn't work out for someone like, let's say, Hitler? He based his mission in life on his ego.