Leo Gura

Hilarious Libertarian Caller

23 posts in this topic

@CreamCat Bullies are everywhere in governments and businesses. They just aren't recognized as such because their behavior is normalized by various social norms.

If there wasn't a strong government (as the Libertarians want), rape and enslavement would be very real possibilities in your life. This is the key insight that Libertarians are missing.

Libertarians basically want a boxing match without a referee on the grounds that a referee unfairly restricts their freedom. Well, that boxing match will very quickly devolve into an execution. Freedom means that your opponent can rape your corpse after he's done killing you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Libertarians basically want a boxing match without a referee on the grounds that a referee unfairly restricts their freedom. Well, that boxing match will very quickly devolve into an execution. Freedom means that your opponent can rape your corpse after he's done killing you.

That's more a fight in a jungle than a boxing match. In an unlimited fight, I can use a knife, a gun, poison, or anything.

I doubt they really want an unlimited fight outside war zones or movies.

I also think you mean a specific variant of libertarianism because libertarianism means different things to different people.

There are variants of anarchism and libertarianism. What you refer to is more like an anarchist libertarian.

Edited by CreamCat

Basically most libertarians believe taxation is theft and regulation is evil.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.